Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pond with the manmade cave built in the 1800's to fire pottery. I just about got knocked back into the pond when I was going in there one time and a HUGE turkey vulture cam flying out. I'm not sure which one of us was more surprised.cave.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this happened today. My wife and I decided to replace some carpet with hardwood flooring. Love the local company that we stumbled across. They have great installers who do a great job. Already have an area rug down to protect it, my wife says.

View attachment 73312View attachment 73313

Looks great! We need to do that so bad for a large area of the house but keep putting it off because of all the furniture moving it takes. I want to go with solid vinyl plank. EZ care. The house is old (1937) so some subfloor work will need to be done. Later, I plan to buy a travel trailer that we could live in while the house is ripped apart (we want to replace kitchen cabinets, and maybe redo a bath, too) so we may have to wait and do it all at once then.

Looks great! We need to do that so bad for a large area of the house but keep putting it off because of all the furniture moving it takes. I want to go with solid vinyl plank. EZ care. The house is old (1937) so some subfloor work will need to be done. Later, I plan to buy a travel trailer that we could live in while the house is ripped apart (we want to replace kitchen cabinets, and maybe redo a bath, too) so we may have to wait and do it all at once then.

We went with a company that moved the furniture for us. All we had to do was empty out the cabinet to the right and we probably could have left that filled, but my wife insisted it be empty. Oh and we had a 60 gallon aquarium to drain and move out of the way, that was really the worst part of the process.

Several years ago we did vinyl plank in the master bedroom/bathroom, it was well worth it. Not an old house, so no subfloor work required. Here's some pictures from that process. These workmen moved things also. They move it all to one side, removed carpet, put down part, moved the furniture.

IMG_20180227_100242.jpgIMG_20180227_181833.jpg

We went with a company that moved the furniture for us. All we had to do was empty out the cabinet to the right and we probably could have left that filled, but my wife insisted it be empty. Oh and we had a 60 gallon aquarium to drain and move out of the way, that was really the worst part of the process.

Several years ago we did vinyl plank in the master bedroom/bathroom, it was well worth it. Not an old house, so no subfloor work required. Here's some pictures from that process. These workmen moved things also. They move it all to one side, removed carpet, put down part, moved the furniture.

View attachment 73392View attachment 73391

Love it. I put some in a bath remodel here and really like how easy it is to care for.

We want to downsize, so we bought a smaller house, smaller acreage, etc. It needed way more work than we had planned, including ripping out all the subfloor downstairs. My husband and I are doing it all ourselves, other than the new HVAC system we hired installed. LVP flooring downstairs, hardwood upstairs wood look tile in the bathrooms. We still have a lot of finish work to do. I'm trying to decide how I want my winemaking area set up in the basement. Is a stainless sink a problem considering some of the chemical used can mess with the sta20210402_180901.jpginless?

So another nocturnal prowl caught on film. This is an abandoned gas station and market that is in a gulch just as you start to enter Jerome. I met a lady who lives in a shack/cabin just below the building and she told me it was the last remaining station and store people used in Jerome as the town died off and almost became a real ghost town. Art, Wine, Ghost stories and tourism saved the town but some of these buildings still stand, barely. It was also used in a Woody Harrelson film called Sunchaser from the 90s. I took this and a few others between 3 and 5 this morning.
JeromeStarTrailRoad.jpg

We want to downsize, so we bought a smaller house, smaller acreage, etc. It needed way more work than we had planned, including ripping out all the subfloor downstairs. My husband and I are doing it all ourselves, other than the new HVAC system we hired installed. LVP flooring downstairs, hardwood upstairs wood look tile in the bathrooms. We still have a lot of finish work to do. I'm trying to decide how I want my winemaking area set up in the basement. Is a stainless sink a problem considering some of the chemical used can mess with the staView attachment 73397inless?
Looks great!

I joined a Facebook buy and sell group for wine equipment and you may find a sink there: (16) Winemaking Supplies and Used Equipment For Sale | Groups | Facebook

Plan to shoot tail lights heading down the mountain, no cars. Plan to shoot the milky way, too high and just enough clouds to mess the shots up. Sit back in the truck, have some coffee and cookies to sooth the failure and the sun rises up about as perfectly centered between the rocks as you could ask for. Nice shot and the world is fine again.....JeromeArroyo.jpg

Plan to shoot tail lights heading down the mountain, no cars. Plan to shoot the milky way, too high and just enough clouds to mess the shots up. Sit back in the truck, have some coffee and cookies to sooth the failure and the sun rises up about as perfectly centered between the rocks as you could ask for. Nice shot and the world is fine again.....View attachment 73629

Uh. Maze. Zing.

Latest posts

Back