Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how their heads just pop up from holes in the ground! :D

So far, a nice rainy day and I really don't see anything too worrisome tonight. Second time in about a week that my weather model watching predictions beat the local TV stations (and national TV news and cable weather, too).

So far, a nice rainy day and I really don't see anything too worrisome tonight. Second time in about a week that my weather model watching predictions beat the local TV stations (and national TV news and cable weather, too).
I bet you can beat that Paul Goodloe guy all to pieces. He was head forecaster on one of the TV stations in the St Louis area for about a year in the 90s. He was terrible and left very quickly.

Stay safe tonight Jim!

I bet you can beat that Paul Goodloe guy all to pieces. He was head forecaster on one of the TV stations in the St Louis area for about a year in the 90s. He was terrible and left very quickly.

The TV weather people here oversell bad weather to the max, and I don't wish to live my life in the state of constant weather fear that people in this region generally do, so I over the years I have become a weather geek. People here just lose their minds in all the hype, really.

I have my own PWS (readings here: Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground) and I look at a lot of weather models when bad weather is supposed to come, then I make my own forecasts. In the past 10 days, the local weather people and the NWS locally have TWICE been horribly wrong for our specific area. In both instances, I predicted the bad storms would be to our south, and that's what happened.

LOL, I once had a friend here from South Dakota and the TV started going off about severe storms and tornados on the way.

He said, "Where are we going? Where is a shelter???"

"Don't worry about it," I said.

"Where I live, if they say that, bad storms are coming."

"Not here."

It rained with mild thunder and lightning that day. No wind.

Generally, TWC people I have dealt with are cool. I have had a few experiences with them coming to the university. Here's Mike Bettis fooling around with a UAH Charger mascot doll at a shoot once.

MikeBetteswithChargerBlue.jpg

Latest posts

Back