Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So last night had it's blue moon but we had clouds roll in and couldn't see it at all. I did catch it setting this morn from the driveway and as far as I'm concerned it's still a blue moon until it sets! It's not like it turned into a pumpkin at midnight. Thought that remark fit with the pic above. F5 - 300mm Sigma - 1/800 Sec at ISO 100 for the photo geeks out there.
BlueMoonsetSmall.jpg

9AE5C71C-9550-468B-B438-AD9CEAF47F4F.jpeg

I know there’s lots of sunrise & sunset pics... but we just get some beautiful ones here in Sherwood Park, Alberta. And they develop so much more slowly (Oooo, that’s nice, I’ll go get my camera, and tripod, and grab a coffee) than closer to the equator (Oooo, that’s nice, damn, it’s gone!).

We call these “Sarah Sunrises” — almost as beautiful as our daughter.

I admit to bumping up the saturation a bit, but it’s only to try to make the photo appear more like what my eyes saw. I was too lazy to grab my 7D, so this is just iPhone 7 Quality.

This pic from a couple of weeks ago is cool to me because I planned it ahead of time. Had to take separate frames focused on the town and then on the ore cart and combine them in photoshop so everything could be in focus. Then it was color altered, desaturated, duplicated with one sharpened and one blurred and then those two blended so it was sharper in the center than on the edges. I wanted to stylize it to give it the feel of an old time photo to match the age of the city of Jerome. The town is about a half mile from the ore cart.

JeromefadedSm.jpg

This pic from a couple of weeks ago is cool to me because I planned it ahead of time. Had to take separate frames focused on the town and then on the ore cart and combine them in photoshop so everything could be in focus. Then it was color altered, desaturated, duplicated with one sharpened and one blurred and then those two blended so it was sharper in the center than on the edges. I wanted to stylize it to give it the feel of an old time photo to match the age of the city of Jerome. The town is about a half mile from the ore cart.

Your picture is arresting and beautiful.

I will say, in a constructive sense, that I found the bit of cerulean peeking out there a bit jarring. Clearly everything was not totally sepia, but everything except that bit of sky was muted.

Nothing like being able to comfortably start an all day cook in November. I titled this one "Sunrise over the butt" (pork butt).

View attachment 67953
Pulling stuff out of the freezer for a Sunday smoking day. Putting on the pork butt plus a few others. Might try smoking a half dozen eggs again as they turned out great last time(for deviled eggs).

Nothing like being able to comfortably start an all day cook in November. I titled this one "Sunrise over the butt" (pork butt).

View attachment 67953
Well, this is what I woke up to thus afternoon (hey, Saturdays are for sleeping in!). 10” in 5 hours (my daughter was up before it started), and no sign of letting up. Yesterday there was no snow... at all.
9B093FC9-7C92-4F85-B9CB-85B8268F19DE.jpeg
33EA8148-2404-4162-AFA2-A9F78690EE9C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back