Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm left handed on everything but bow hunting, i sling shafts right handed,
Dawg

I'm a righty, but on the rare occasions that I'm firing a rifle or shotgun, I go lefty. My left eye is dominant. I also throw a frisbee much better with my left hand and am virtually unable to brush my teeth with my right. I'm a freak of nature. :D

I'm a righty, but on the rare occasions that I'm firing a rifle or shotgun, I go lefty. My left eye is dominant. I also throw a frisbee much better with my left hand and am virtually unable to brush my teeth with my right. I'm a freak of nature. :D
SHUCKS I already new that beings you don't drink Sweet wines,,, LOL
Dawg

You mean only wearing one? He just started doing that a few weeks ago when he got that bat.

True that, ha ha! In my mind, you only wear a glove on the hand closes to the knob of the bat. Before I posted my question/comment above, I looked for pictures of batting gloves; Damned if every picture I could find had everyone with two gloves! I had not noticed that trend became universal.

So I was looking through my photos from the other night and saw that I'd very faintly captured a meteor in one of the frames. I processed it to bring up the contrast and highlights and whites and now it looks like the camera picked up a whole bunch of meteors in one shot. There are so many that my first thought was the camera had some type of glitch but I can't figure out how that could be since it's so random. It would seem like if I jiggled the camera somehow that everything would have "tails" and they'd all go in the same direction. Anyway it's a neat looking shot.

MeteorsSmaller.jpg

So I was looking through my photos from the other night and saw that I'd very faintly captured a meteor in one of the frames. I processed it to bring up the contrast and highlights and whites and now it looks like the camera picked up a whole bunch of meteors in one shot. There are so many that my first thought was the camera had some type of glitch but I can't figure out how that could be since it's so random. It would seem like if I jiggled the camera somehow that everything would have "tails" and they'd all go in the same direction. Anyway it's a neat looking shot.

View attachment 67161

If you enlarge that to full screen and focus on it, it feels like you're entering hyperspace.

1603070542464.png

View attachment 67161

I may be a physicist, but, as a city kid, I know NOTHING about astronomy. However, I will say that your photo is indeed consistent with how meteor showers appear. That is, they seem to all originate in some area of space, and radiate outwards from that spot. That is how we get the names of the showers, i.e., the Leonid showers seem to originate from Leo, the Perseids seem to originate from the constellation Perseus, etc. I do not know what yours are from now!

We went to the Toozigoot Monument this morning, 3am, to watch Orionid meteor shower. Not spectacular but we saw a few. I tried with the camera but nature and timing didn't communicate well so I just ended up with static stars over the Ruins. Nice colors and lots of stars.
View attachment 67223View attachment 67224
some awesome pictures, but why don't you just take your showers in your bathroom?:rolleyes:
Dawg

I ended up at a really high ISO of 6400 but just f22 for 5 sec. Stacked 10 exposures, processed and here's my first Constellation shot,
I guess it must be a common practice in astro-photography, but it wouldn’t have occurred to me to stack 10 5-second exposures to get the equivalent 50-second exposure without the motion tracks. Very nice shot. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen stars like that. As a kid we used to be able to view the night sky in absolute darkness at the summer cottage, but even there now, there’s so much more light.

Today's sightseeing included a drive up Oak Creek Canyon from Sedona to Flagstaff. We stopped for a few shots along the creek then at the Scenic Viewpoint at the top of the Canyon. I'm about done playing tour guide for the week and I think tomorrow is going to be a R&R day before depositing our guest atYellowLeavesSmall.jpgTopofOakCreekSmall.jpg the airport in Phoenix Saturday. She and my wife have had a great reunion and she's dreading getting back to her Wisconsin weather after hanging out here for a week.

Latest posts

Back