Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Tesla on screen graph showing how much energy is used going up and then down the mountain.
It used about 30 something miles to go up and then I gained about 25 miles going down using auto generative braking.

View attachment 66187View attachment 66188View attachment 66189

Very impressive!

Electromagnetism is WAAAAAY stronger than gravity. In comparing (to the uninitiated) the relative strengths of these two forces, I like to point out exactly your scenario: The electrons want to get from one terminal of your battery to the other terminal so badly that they are willing to raise a car up a damn mountain to do so!

We went out exploring yesterday based on a booklet of scenic drives put out by Arizona Highways. I started out by missing an unmarked turn on the trail and ended up in a place called Sycamore Canyon, beautiful but a bit of a hairy drive in and out. The "roads" are actually Forest roads mostly dirt, gravel and rocks. Anyway we regrouped, got back on track and drove the entire 20 mile route. This photo is taken from down on the floor of the Verde Valley facing the Mogollon Rim which I've photographed from my deck with a telephoto lens lots of times. It was fun getting a little closer for a different perspective. This pic was actually 7 different shots stitched together in Photoshop for an approx. 90 degree panoramic.
Mogollon3Small.jpg

..and a couple more from Saturday. These are looking south vs. the northern shot above. In the distance in the panoramic you can see the path of the Verde River carved out of the floor. It runs along sandstone and limestone cliffs and is lined by cottonwoods and brush and flows from right to left directly into Cottonwood. You can also see the dirt road we're taking down back to the river and then home, this is about the smoothest and easiest section of the entire route. The other is a closer shot of the cliffs across the river just before we hit the Tuzigoot National Monument in Clarkdale. In three weeks we plan on a similar day on FR-300 which is on top of and follows the Mogollon Rim south of us. It could be really colorful if fall cooperates with it's timing.
VerdeRiver.jpgVerdeCanyon.jpg

I did it on my laptop. Right click, save as. I clicked to open and went to adjustments. My problem with ipad is that you don't "right click" as far as I remember.

Taken at Carrabelle Florida on Florida's Forgotten Coast last week. I love that area. That is just before sunrise. You can't tell if here but there are two islands immediately off shore. There was an Army base there during WWII, used to train for amphibious landings. The dock you see is where the main dock was for the fort as best as I can surmise. History of Camp Gordon Johnstoncarrabelle2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back