Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
86302217_627113961457592_3875276543672451072_o.jpg

For the life of me I can't figure out how this......

ss-190212-westminster-dog-show-11_a7fb17b596ccc0b3e2e2cd613efaa9f9.jpg

Wins over this.......

c1fec790-5bca-4e5e-b311-f1e7e5c6a85b-Daniel_at_Westminster.jpg

Mike, Have you ever had a Poodle? We have had eight of them over the years between my wife and I and our daughter. I would not even consider having any another breed. In addition to not shedding, they are extremely loving, loyal, intelligent and intuitive.

They are not being bred with just about every other breed just for the non-shedding. There are a number of breeds that do not shed.

Never have I ever...... LOL

Just never been a fan really (and we do love dogs). The ones I have been around for any length of time have been wound up like a top, never seem to relax, shake constantly like they are nervous or on drugs. As you probably know we have two AKC registered Golden's. No Golden has ever won BIS at Westminster (all the way since it's inception in 1877). So the fact that Daniel won his group was a coup d'etat of sorts and got all Golden Retriever owners very excited. It's probably better anyway that Daniel didn't win. The breed doesn't need anymore pressure on it to produce more. Golden's are ranked #3 in the US for popularity behind the Lab (1) and German Shepard (2).

There is an old saying that one of the seven signs of the impending apocalypse is that a Golden Retriever wins BIS at Westminster.

Mike, Have you ever had a Poodle?

Never have I ever...... LOL

Just never been a fan really (and we do love dogs). The ones I have been around for any length of time have been wound up like a top, never seem to relax, shake constantly like they are nervous or on drugs. As you probably know we have two AKC registered Golden's. No Golden has ever won BIS at Westminster (all the way since it's inception in 1877). So the fact that Daniel won his group was a coup d'etat of sorts and got all Golden Retriever owners very excited. It's probably better anyway that Daniel didn't win. The breed doesn't need anymore pressure on it to produce more. Golden's are ranked #3 in the US for popularity behind the Lab (1) and German Shepard (2).

There is an old saying that one of the seven signs of the impending apocalypse is that a Golden Retriever wins BIS at Westminster.

Wow, we owned a poodle when I was a kid, and he was a great dog. I have grown up to be a hound man now, but we enjoyed the poodle as kids. They are really ideal for city life in many ways. I could never make the hounds I love do a city life. They like to be out in the open.

I have only been around the Toy or Miniature models of poodles. Not much time at all around Standard size ones except for passing one on occasion on our daily walkabout with our dogs.

Shiba must be one amazing example of the "breed standard" because that is what it all boils down to at this level.

Wow, we owned a poodle when I was a kid, and he was a great dog. I have grown up to be a hound man now, but we enjoyed the poodle as kids. They are really ideal for city life in many ways. I could never make the hounds I love do a city life. They like to be out in the open.

I always wonder how those poodles feel about the terrible hairstyles they have to endure, 80's hairdo, poofy balls and naked spots on their legs, poor bastards.............

John, I am not a fan of the fancy cuts. All of our Poodles get the "puppy cut" which is the body at about 1/2", face trimmed (no 'stache whether male or female) and feet trimmed up about an inch. Personally, I think those cuts with the pompoms look ridiculous. The Breed started in Germany and was a water fowl hunting dog. I think the fancy cuts can be blamed on the French.

I have only been around the Toy or Miniature models of poodles. Not much time at all around Standard size ones except for passing one on occasion on our daily walkabout with our dogs.

Shiba must be one amazing example of the "breed standard" because that is what it all boils down to at this level.

We have had 3 miniatures and 5 standards. We currently have two miniatures, Louie and Carlo both males and our daughter has two standards, Belle a black and gorgeous female and Frankie, a giant (90 lbs.) white male. I have to admit that Shiba seemed a little neurotic but I think Poodles have to be at that level. We were all very positive on Daniel and his calm demeanor. He was very impressive.

Latest posts

Back