Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought my first kettle style grill last week. Saturday and Sunday mornings were spent breaking it in and seasoning. Sunday afternoon saw the first meat hit the griddles. I finally have enough space to cook meat and veggies at the same time. Still learning how to control the temps through inlet air and the vent stack. First attempt went well. For a job of this style I felt that a PBR and homemade lime-cello were appropriate.
grill2.jpg
grill.jpg

Bought my first kettle style grill last week. Saturday and Sunday mornings were spent breaking it in and seasoning. Sunday afternoon saw the first meat hit the griddles. I finally have enough space to cook meat and veggies at the same time. Still learning how to control the temps through inlet air and the vent stack. First attempt went well. For a job of this style I felt that a PBR and homemade lime-cello were appropriate.
View attachment 55907
View attachment 55906

Have fun with it, we got our first but it was an offset. controlling the temp requires dedication.

Great looking steaks! My wife and I were on Catalina Island a few years back on a pretty hot and sunny afternoon. Stopped at an outdoor mexican cafe and Lori ordered "what ever you have that's on tap and very cold". That happened to be a couple of PBRs and to this day it's my go to for a light fresh change of pace beer. Enjoy that Grill!
Mike

Here's Mingus Mountain, about 7 miles west of us. It doesn't look very tall but has an elevation of over 7,800 feet. I guess us being at almost 3500 feet and that big old blue sky has something to do with that. They have a couple of Hang Glider launch pads at the top and there's a landing field right behind our house though I haven't seen one come over yet.
MingusMtn.jpg

67897291_3198272490190702_6421314512288219136_n.jpg

Such a car fanatic of my Tesla Model 3 that it gets a foam wash weekly at home and then some top layer protection for the ceramic coating it has, what a shine and reflection [emoji7]

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

As I assembled this today I realized I've never owned a Webber Kettle in my life. I think I had a couple of cheap copies in my younger days but is actually a pretty nice unit. Went together perfectly, no missing pieces and can't wait to fire it up tonight. I was going to get the base model 22" but Lori pushed the one that was one step up. Don't know if it's worth it or not but it has the folding grate, thermostat and built in ash catcher. Whelp, time to turn on the misters, golf on the patio TV, grab a beer and read the instructions.
Mike
PS Thanks Jim, now I'm not the only one here without one!
View attachment 55894

I think you'll appreciate the ash catcher more than you think. The flip up grates are a nice upgrade as well.

Made it to the Jail Trail yesterday morning. Actually walked down to and through Old Downtown and got on the trail there. Took it back to where it met back up to 10th street near the state park entrance. Just a little over 2 mile loop and a easy walk. The cool part is we can use the trail to get to downtown if we want, might be fun afternoon with friends, walk - wine - food and wonder home. Picture is from under the 10th street bridge meeting up with the road again.
JailTrail.jpg

I would guesstimate that 1 in 10 cars in LA is now a Tesla. And they ain't buying the Model 3's so much......

Such a car fanatic of my Tesla Model 3 that it gets a foam wash weekly at home and then some top layer protection for the ceramic coating it has, what a shine and reflection [emoji7]

I would guesstimate that 1 in 10 cars in LA is now a Tesla. And they ain't buying the Model 3's so much......

Model 3 is the most bought car in his category and even among many categories. Tesla had a record sales in last quarter as far as I remember.

Show me a picture of yours when you start driving it, 'cause it's going to be sooner or later...lol
Once you drive EV, there's no looking back..!!

Ha! What I meant to say is that people in CA have way too much $$$$$.......
They are buying the high priced ones way more so than the Model 3.

I will never own an EV as long as I live in the 5th largest State in the union (NM) and there are basically no charging stations for hundreds of miles in any direction I head in. With the tax credits being phased out next year they are going to be a very tough sell at the current price. Gas is back to $2.07 a gallon here. The CA gas tax has a lot to do with EV sales there I am sure.

Do the cost analysis in most states and it doesn't add up. Kinda like making an Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc Kit vs buying a Costco Kirkland Signature NZ Sauv Blanc ready to go for $6 a bottle.

Doesn't really add up....... :dg

The gas tax helps but I think it’s more about being “hip”. State government is working to close the advantages gained by not buying gas by creating new fees, increasing registration costs and taxing electrics by miles driven yearly.

Back