Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64910655_1249921725189711_512320084367114240_n.jpg

WANT!!!!!!!!!!! :b

It is a beautiful trek. How'd you like the skiing out there? I used to go every year (a good friend of mine lives out there), but it's been a while. Much better than East Coast. If you ever get a chance, go to Utah - even better.
We were there the last week of March and had nearly 4 full days of sun and daytime highs in the 50's. Incredible amounts of continuous vertical (especially Keystone) and really neat above treeline skiing at Breck (pic is on Peak 6) and A-Basin. Definitely a change from eastern skiing. Next time we'll go in mid winter and hope for a powder day. Several folks have recommended Utah. Looks like a good option.
breck_peak6.jpg

Shared your setup with my wife, who wants something similar. Are those beds untreated pine? Dod you brace them midway somehow? We are leaning toward concrete blocks with caps for ours. Just wondering. The first time I showed her, I said, "Look, he's in Canada. You can tell because he still has his cold weather crops out!" :)

Sorry missed your post last month. They are treated boards, but the newer Brown stuff that does not have arsenic in it. They are 5/4 x 6.
I used a couple 2x2's along each side for bracing.
I think we're almost at 5 years with these now, still in great shape.
Garden is coming along well to.

Attachments

• 20190625_171441.jpg
    20190625_171441.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20190625_171411.jpg
    20190625_171411.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 20190625_065351.jpg
    20190625_065351.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 20190630_185733.jpg
    20190630_185733.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Sorry missed your post last month. They are treated boards, but the newer Brown stuff that does not have arsenic in it. They are 5/4 x 6.
I used a couple 2x2's along each side for bracing.
I think we're almost at 5 years with these now, still in great shape.
Garden is coming along well to.

Naw, she won't go for treated. Thanks!

I love this strip mall in Grand rapids Michigan.

I just flew in and out of Grand Rapids a few days back. Spent a few beautiful days on nearby Lake Macatawa near Holland. If I'd known they had a Mr Gun Dealer nearby, I would have stopped in. :D

Last edited:
7-3-19_bunnies-1.jpg
7-3-19_bunnies-2.jpg

Okay, I've been nice this year. Haven't got the beeman r8 pellet gun with scope out yet. Guess it's time to clean it up, sight it in and take out a few of the many (12-15 at least) bunnies in my and the neighbors yards. They are so plentiful that they are now coming up onto my porch for food. The image was taken right when I got home and there was no plant defoliation when I left for work, and it was getting light already. Between the bunnies and the mockingbirds that devour any tomato that gets to the orange colored stage, I've had it. Tomorrow's official project, other than cooking a boston butt and drinking a few beers and sweating, is to knock down the bunny and mockingbird population a bit. If I can get a dead bunny and strategically place it where they come around the side of the house from the back yard, they won't. I've found that they avoid dead family members, much like humans do. Just have to work around the youngest child, she gets really mad at me when I shoot the bunnies (also gives it to my BIL when he shoots bambies in the Fall).

Grrr...I thought I'd have a few ripe tomatoes by July 4th, maybe next year.

Edit: just spotted a ground hog in the back yard eying up the beans. Will need something more powerful for him/her than a .177 pellet gun. Association rules don't let you shoot gun powder type projectiles in its boundaries...might be time for a silencer.

Congrats! Hope to get one in a few years too.

Go for it, you won’t regret it.
Although the picture shows my friend’s car, I also have a white Tesla Model 3. I cannot imagine myself driving an ICE car..!!!
Actually, when I drive an ICE car (for whatever circumstances) it feels SO weird and bad.

Nothing, and I repeat, nothing better for me than driving an all electric vehicle [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back