Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished final unpacking over the weekend and made the house comfortable with a minimum of decorations. Most of the walls are plaster so we're trying to use only existing hangers and lean stuff instead of hang things. We combined our offices into one and backed our desks into each others but it's a 20' room so not tight at all. House is more country/antique than we're used to but the few antiques I have fit right in. The 1960's remodeled Kitchen is huge compared to what we had, tons of storage but looks cluttered no matter what we do. All in all we love the feel of the larger house and think this place was a great find for a temporary home.
HomeOffice.jpg Kitchen.jpg livingroom.jpg PorchEntry.jpg

For the non southern california members, here's what we left in california.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...-117.868769,34.098768,-117.879519_rect/16_zm/

Hopefully it sells quickly, it would be hard to find a smaller home than our old one and it'll still go for close to 500,000 probably. Crazy. Won't miss the politics, here's us saying good bye to some of the policy makers and wishing them the best .....
Good bye So Cal.jpg

LOL Mike I hate to tell you this but "hers" is bigger than "yours".........

Prices in SOCAL are insane. Prices in NOCAL are insane. Prices of everything in CA are insane. But, it sure is pretty.......

I bet whomever buys it rents out the winery to a family of four for $1500 a month......

Heck maybe we will be the renters someday when Mrs IB retires soon! LOL

Last edited:
Just a thought if you're considering building a marble maze. To make it work well and smoothly, you need marbles that are all the same size and round. We found you get very few round ones and a fair variance in size.

Get the marbles first. Bench test and finish each part before installing.

One mistake of sorts is the tracks go from side to side. You have to run around the maze to follow the marble. It would make videos of it very hard.

I will build another. It will be a pyramid shape and the marble will go down one side at a time. I hope to use only one marble which will return to the top and onto the next track.

We flew on a Boeing 737 Max 8 a while back on Southwest.
They are very nice planes and I expect them to be back flying shortly. My guess is that some software tweaks will fix ask the problems (and no I don't work for Boeing, but I did work for McDonnell Douglas years ago) it will probably end up being a negative sign somewhere or something similar.

What is weird is that IF it is a software glitch then why has it only seemingly popped up twice. SWA claims to have safely flown over 41,000 flights to date using this aircraft. If it was popping up more often but not causing severe loss of control of the aircraft why have we not heard about that after Lion air back in November. Boeing has moved more and more sub assembly out of Seattle over the last 10 years or so in order to use more and more non-union workers to assemble various parts of these planes. Then you have management pushing harder and harder to get orders completed faster and faster so management and stockholders stay happy. Last I head Boeing was pushing out 8 of these planes a week.......

Weird timing issue, coming back from a subroutine and restoring S registers, when you saved the R registers (had that happen on a robot project I worked on years ago, every so often things would just flake out, it wasn't until a peer review by other engineers that it got noticed) . In other words software sometimes can have a horrible bug that doesn't get noticed until much later, because it sort of looks right. Oh and I may be way off base on these guesses. But I have seen some really obscure bugs that work most of the time, but every so often all hell breaks loose.

They are very nice planes and I expect them to be back flying shortly. My guess is that some software tweaks will fix ask the problems (and no I don't work for Boeing, but I did work for McDonnell Douglas years ago) it will probably end up being a negative sign somewhere or something similar.

Imagine that. Almost 400 people died because of a negative sign or something similar. Boeing stock took the hit and is already rebounding. Imagine that.

Latest posts

Back