Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the parents sold the house last year, the under-counter wine fridge conveyed. Dad hasn't yet figured out exactly what he wants to do for 'proper' wine storage in the new place, so a few cases of his faves are in my wine cooler. I get this earlier today:

fullsizeoutput_573.jpeg

View attachment 52339 My Brother snapped this this afternoon with his phone at about 70 MPH passing through Joshua Tree CA. Pretty nice catch, Mike
Looks like a logo for the University of Washington at California or somethin'. Either that or a man totin' a "C" in his left hand with some thorny chicks at each side. (use your imagination, people)

Nice moving picuture, by the way (a Rush album comes to mind...). Might as well pile on with a U2 album.

So November was unkind. I lost my 90-year-old Dad and the day before I was to leave for his funeral, I got blocked by kidney stones - a saga that continues with "procedures" to this moment. I did make the funeral on a catheter. Then yesterday, I heard the greatest story from a coworker. She was returning the bottle from wine I gave her for Christmas 2017. She said they had a Lazy Susan with various wines on it during their Thanksgiving 2018 family gathering. Her 93-year-old mother in law tried a bit of each, but she said when she hit on mine, she fell in love with it and from there on, that bottle was hers! LOL, that lifted my spirits considerably, to have my wine brighten the day for a 93-year-old. I am still smiling.

Photo on 11-27-18 at 4.41 PM.jpg

Very sorry to hear about your loss Jim. You're just a little to feisty to let a couple of kidney stones keep you down for very long though. Get better soon!
Mike

Thanks. It'll be a bit. Right kidney was full, there are two in the left, and there were two in the bladder (now gone). And I had already passed two large ones before that! Xray guy in emergency saw the first shot he took and said, "Mercy." That didn't sound too good! LOL. I have 3 more "procedures" left to go. Have had one lithotripsy on the right side already. Will know more Friday. Apparently caused by a side effect of a BP med...

My condolences, JS. So sorry to hear of the loss of your father.

And kidney stones are never fun. Kinda match a poke in the eye with a pointy stick or being kicked in your belly by a horse. A speedy and full recovery.

Latest posts

Back