Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling yesterday. Pears from my tree out back. Harvested last January (Southern Hemisphere) summer. Pear Champs 37 bottles and a still pear wine 35 bottles. I fermented 30 litres in EC1118 and the other 30 litres using a Gewurtz yeast . Finally blended them together two months back and bottled yesterday. Very drinkable now. ( the still wine) . Champs undergoing secondary in the bottles. However I won't actually drink any of this until next Dec / Jan .

3609DFDB-10F3-43AC-A76D-34EA6CE049EA.jpeg

My work buddies are always looking out for my best interests. They think I should get one of these to park in my driveway permanently.

View attachment 49836
Yes. Great idea. It could be called Mr Frothy and play Umpapa music. And on Sundays they have a happy hour moment if you run up to the mobile barrel wearing lederhosen.

Bottling yesterday. Pears from my tree out back. Harvested last January (Southern Hemisphere) summer. Pear Champs 37 bottles and a still pear wine 35 bottles. I fermented 30 litres in EC1118 and the other 30 litres using a Gewurtz yeast . Finally blended them together two months back and bottled yesterday. Very drinkable now. ( the still wine) . Champs undergoing secondary in the bottles. However I won't actually drink any of this until next Dec / Jan .

Looking good. What kind of cork/closure are you using on the still wine?

Looking good. What kind of cork/closure are you using on the still wine?
I use Nova Twist Screw Caps. They are a tad pricey but they are reusable and capable of many cycles. With still wine I also do a few corks for those bottles that I give away, as no one seems to appreciate costs when giving them a gift. Cheers

37873961_1861043923918131_7791579220546682880_n.jpg

Cool! Might be a collectors item soon like a DeLorean.....

And your price OTD was?

Ain't cheap...but my daughter told me "dad, you only live once, buy it if you really want it", so I took the plunge for $56.5k due to Tesla only producing the long range battery, $9k extra, plus pearl white paint, $1.5k, plus EAP (enhanced auto pilot) for $5k.

I've been waiting for a year, paid my reservation July 2017 ans picked it up today.....

Ain't cheap...but my daughter told me "dad, you only live once, buy it if you really want it", so I took the plunge for $56.5k due to Tesla only producing the long range battery, $9k extra, plus pearl white paint, $1.5k, plus EAP (enhanced auto pilot) for $5k.

I've been waiting for a year, paid my reservation July 2017 ans picked it up today.....

forgot to say, that's not including sales tax if your state requires one.

Congrats, Varis. Enjoy it.

I was in Norway recently, and there were tons and tons of Teslas. (Norway has ~99% hydroelectric power, so electric is cheap, and electric cars are encouraged.) It looked like the future!

Are you going to install a 220V charger at the house?

Latest posts

Back