Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would need to enter your exact address, which I'm sure you don't want to share here or we'll all come and pilfer your wine the next time you go on vacation, which I'm assuming is in a few days or so. :)

Craig, you have the gift! I am serious here: Have you considered writing a piece of humor, something like Dave Barry meets Carl Hiaasen?

Craig, you have the gift! I am serious here: Have you considered writing a piece of humor, something like Dave Barry meets Carl Hiaasen?
I think both of those authors are well out of my league (I do admit, I used to love to read Dave Barry's column when I could get it). I find looking at life with a little (or a lot) of humor makes it much more enjoyable! My father taught me that (and lived that way most of his life).

She’s not mine. I was making a delivery and saw her. Cracked me up. The first really nice, warm day this year. High 60s and mostly sunny. I almost took my clothes off and joined her...

View out the front window during a really neat period of buttery sunlight during a sundown after a storm Wednesday. It was still raining, so things started off with a rainbow. Love that buttery light when it comes, but I have never seen the wheat look so golden as it did then.

buttersun 001.jpg

View out the front window during a really neat period of buttery sunlight during a sundown after a storm Wednesday. It was still raining, so things started off with a rainbow. Love that buttery light when it comes, but I have never seen the wheat look so golden as it did then.

View attachment 49104

As nice as the photo is as is I bet someone with an artistic eye could do a little cropping and make it even nicer.

As caught on my trail cam. Is this a big bear?

Also got some daytime deer. Look decent size. Shouldn't I also be seeing some fawns?

MFDC0035.JPG MFDC0002.JPG

As caught on my trail cam. Is this a big bear?

Also got some daytime deer. Look decent size. Shouldn't I also be seeing some fawns?

Looks like a decent sized bear to me....

Not sure about fawns by you, they’re born different times in different places. Down here in the south, June/July is birthing time, but you won’t typically see fawns for some time after that. While they are getting all of their food from nursing, mom typically tucks them away while she’s out feeding and returns to nurse. The fawns are usually in very secluded, thick areas and don’t move around much at all. We’re super careful about bush-hogging in high brush, they’re easy to run over, and usually start to be seen out and about in late August / early September.

Looks like a decent sized bear to me....

Not sure about fawns by you, they’re born different times in different places. Down here in the south, June/July is birthing time, but you won’t typically see fawns for some time after that. While they are getting all of their food from nursing, mom typically tucks them away while she’s out feeding and returns to nurse. The fawns are usually in very secluded, thick areas and don’t move around much at all. We’re super careful about bush-hogging in high brush, they’re easy to run over, and usually start to be seen out and about in late August / early September.

Thanks, that makes sense. I've only seen one so far this season.

Well, um, thanks.

Sorry, I can see where my comment could easily be taken as a back handed compliment. With hindsight, figuratively speaking, I should have kept my mouth shut. I really do like the photo.

Stanley-Cup-Capitals-Golden-Knights-Hockey.jpg
Stanley-Cup-Capitals-Golden-Knights-Hockey.jpg

Back