Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can usually get it around here if I need it, but I don't think the demand is as much as you have in your area (several million people vs. 45,000 in Adams County). I stopped using a kerosene heater years ago because of the kids (something about fire intrigues humans).

Last edited:

Edit: by the way, where is that straight road you have as your last image with Sadie impatiently waiting for you?

That would be "Railway Grade Trail" running ~North from Hills Creek Road to Ives Run through the Western section of Game Lands #37. BTW, the entire road isn't straight, there are some bends in the road.

The National Weather Service this morning confirmed that an EF-1 (105 mph) tornado briefly touched down Monday evening and destroyed this shed at the Hazel Green Building Supplies store in Hazel Green, Ala., 6 miles south of me at Sweetpea Farms in Lincoln County, Tenn. A nearby house sustained roof damage, with shingles still scattered across northbound lanes of U.S. 231/431 when I came home last night.

storm1.jpg

storm3.jpg

storm4.jpg

storm5.jpg

The National Weather Service this morning confirmed that an EF-1 (105 mph) tornado briefly touched down Monday evening and destroyed this shed at the Hazel Green Building Supplies store in Hazel Green, Ala., 6 miles south of me at Sweetpea Farms in Lincoln County, Tenn. A nearby house sustained roof damage, with shingles still scattered across northbound lanes of U.S. 231/431 when I came home last night.

View attachment 47499

View attachment 47500

View attachment 47501

View attachment 47502

Hopefully no serious injuries...

Sundays sunset. We had a quick moving front pushing through. Looking East.

28947572_1551890328261477_5280580622879528563_o.jpg

@Ajmassa, the bikini idea is nice, have to try it at some point. Came home to my daughter slaving away shoveling the driveway. She said what the other kids had done wasn't good enough, so she "fixed" it and kept going (I am always afraid that my tendency towards perfection (in everyone elses' life, not mine) would rub off on the kids, unfortunately I think that may have happened). I helped her finish the driveway, then stuck my head out a side door in the garage and measured 14" of what was a nice fluffy snow this morning, that has turned wet and heavy. Guess I'm glad the temps hung around freezing, would have been a lot more to shovel if the temp had been in the mid 20's.

Cleaned off the grill and grilled a sausage patty for my Son, and two chicken breasts to make some chicken and tomato sauce on pasta for dinner. Was very good, washed down with a few Lord Chesterfield Ales (of the Yuengling variety).

3-21-18_snow.jpg

@Ajmassa, the bikini idea is nice, have to try it at some point. Came home to my daughter slaving away shoveling the driveway. She said what the other kids had done wasn't good enough, so she "fixed" it and kept going (I am always afraid that my tendency towards perfection (in everyone elses' life, not mine) would rub off on the kids, unfortunately I think that may have happened). I helped her finish the driveway, then stuck my head out a side door in the garage and measured 14" of what was a nice fluffy snow this morning, that has turned wet and heavy. Guess I'm glad the temps hung around freezing, would have been a lot more to shovel if the temp had been in the mid 20's.

Cleaned off the grill and grilled a sausage patty for my Son, and two chicken breasts to make some chicken and tomato sauce on pasta for dinner. Was very good, washed down with a few Lord Chesterfield Ales (of the Yuengling variety).

View attachment 47512

I'll take 2 to 3 times a light/fluffy amount of snow over the wet heavy stuff any day.

I'll take 2 to 3 times a light/fluffy amount of snow over the wet heavy stuff any day.

100%. This is essentially the perfect “snowball” snow. Light. Packs easy. Shoveling is a joy compared to last week’s heavy slop.
They are absolutely having a blast. And even added a dog to the family. IMG_0908.jpg
My buddy just sent me this pic of his next door neighbors shoveling job. I couldn’t stop laughing. Who does that?
IMG_0909.jpg

The building is torn in half. The Church is the family of people who normally would be in the building worshiping. It was a blessing no one was hurt.

It is a church, either way. Glad no one was hurt.

It is a church, either way. Glad no one was hurt.
Very true. I watched a few local news clips on it and sat back and wondered how our church family would handle the situation. Times are tough in the church community, having the place you meet and worship literally torn in half is a tough one to stomach. I see from their website they found a temporary place to meet. Hopefully they can get 'er rebuilt and be back on-site sooner than later.

Latest posts

Back