Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"in fact, Andromeda is coming towards us at 250,000 mph. Thus, the two galaxies are going to collide in less than 4 billion years."

I gotta be honest, I dread that.

I have some good news and some bad news. First, the good news:

The collision probably won't be too bad. Stars, you may have noticed, are pretty far apart. So when our galaxies "collide," they probably will pass through one another fairly unscathed (with some not-so-lucky direct hits). After they pass through, they will attract each other back again, and oscillate that way for a while until they settle down and become one big galaxy.

Now, the bad news, however. Our sun won't last that long afterwards. It will become a red giant in about 5 billion years. It will expand in size immensely, so that its atmosphere will extend out beyond where Mars is now. There are some, uhhhh, negative implications for the Earth in this scenario. :ts

Taos Pueblo, NM.

12961349_10209446726951436_8936922257745930943_o.jpg

I have some good news and some bad news. First, the good news:

The collision probably won't be too bad. Stars, you may have noticed, are pretty far apart. So when our galaxies "collide," they probably will pass through one another fairly unscathed (with some not-so-lucky direct hits). After they pass through, they will attract each other back again, and oscillate that way for a while until they settle down and become one big galaxy.

Now, the bad news, however. Our sun won't last that long afterwards. It will become a red giant in about 5 billion years. It will expand in size immensely, so that its atmosphere will extend out beyond where Mars is now. There are some, uhhhh, negative implications for the Earth in this scenario. :ts

Maybe we'll have some really good grape growing years during the red giant phase......................

Great pictures, Dan. Where were they taken. I am impressed by the size of some of the "twigs" in the next. I would not be surprised to see a couple of 2x4's in there!

Okay, I'm pretty much over this Colorado 'spring'. About 12-14" over the last 24 hours. My poor crab apple tree. Used to be beautiful. The good news is that I will have plenty of apple wood for the smoker next year.

20160417_095206.jpg

20160417_095217.jpg

20160417_092323.jpg

20160417_092333.jpg

Send some our way, we have gotten about 0.5" of rain sofar but finally seeing a few flakes this AM. Moisture in the Spring time of any form is always a blessing in these parts.

Send some our way, we have gotten about 0.5" of rain sofar but finally seeing a few flakes this AM. Moisture in the Spring time of any form is always a blessing in these parts.

We were pretty dry all winter also. Just making up for lost time I guess.

An image from this weekend. Now try and guess what these two are up to! My older brother on the left, younger on the right. Note the heat proof mitt on my older brothers' left hand. Alcohol was involved.

I reluctantly give up! Upon first glance, it just looks like they are trying to repair an antediluvian dishwasher. However, upon second glance, I notice that they have not even removed the kickplate/access panel, so the Lord only knows what they are up to!

I reluctantly give up! Upon first glance, it just looks like they are trying to repair an antediluvian dishwasher. However, upon second glance, I notice that they have not even removed the kickplate/access panel, so the Lord only knows what they are up to!

That is because they are in the process of removing the access panel so that they can use the flashlight and glove to complete their task.

We had a nest of juvenile mice somewhere nearby, probably under our front porch, and the small critters were coming in the door or a nearby hole in the 104 year old foundation.

What you see is two grown men attempting to remove a mouse that went under the dishwasher. I guess the glove my brother is wearing was to protect him from getting bitten?

Either way I derived great amusement at them trying to rid the house of the less than an ounce pest. He was rather cute. I think I caught him on a glue trap the next day.

Back