Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 27486

visitor to the winery today. Looks like he has a broken wing. Trying to find some help for him.

I rescued a BIG *** CRANE 20 years ago. that sucker was huge!!!

I thru am jacket over his head and took him to the zoo.

they have a vet on staff that knows weird birds..

maybe you have a zoo near by

The zoo couldn't take him. We found an expert in town and she is trying to get him into the Raptor center in Minnesota.

Diagnosis - Broken humerus (elbow joint). Prognosis isn't great but they are going to try.

This is Gordie, the newest member of the family. There is a local carver, Swamp Bear Art is the name. He uses a chainsaw. He has done some amazing work. He is going in hubby's man cave, called Gordies Den. We named the man cave before we even thought about getting the bear. Jamie's (hubby) middle name is Gordon, and also his dads middle name and his grand fathers first name, who is still living at the age of 93, he fought in WWII.
Anyways, thought I'd share, I think he is the cutest thing.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

There are only a few (maybe two) reasons to be awake at 5 am. One of those is to start the BBQ. Pork butts and a brisket ready to go in the smoker.

What kind of cooker do you have?

I'm an early bird, but am not crazy about getting up early and heading to the smoker. I tend to do overnighters with the pork butts. Keep temps a little lower, and let 'em go for about 14 hours. Then I double wrap them in heavy duty foil and a towel or two and put 'em in a cooler. They stay hot for several hours that way. And I'm done, cleaned up and not smelling like a campfire when the guests arrive. :) All I have to do is pull and serve.

I'm an early bird, but am not crazy about getting up early and heading to the smoker. I tend to do overnighters with the pork butts. Keep temps a little lower, and let 'em go for about 14 hours. Then I double wrap them in heavy duty foil and a towel or two and put 'em in a cooler. They stay hot for several hours that way. And I'm done, cleaned up and not smelling like a campfire when the guests arrive. :) All I have to do is pull and serve.

Ahhhh, exactly my method too. Put em on at 10 pm for a long, slow ride in the Primo with the BBQ Guru set on 200.

Ahhhh, exactly my method too. Put em on at 10 pm for a long, slow ride in the Primo with the BBQ Guru set on 200.

I start my process around that time as well. Get the meat on and then make sauce. And after the sauce has had its share, the cook gets a little bourbon for sippin'. :h

12744540_1401054586666137_1596587860529710697_n.jpg

I have a cookshack electric smoker. You plug it up, add about 4 or 5 big councils of whatever wood you want to use and let it go. The brisket (4.8 lbs) was done at about 4 and the pork butts about 6. I should have taken another picture when done, but they are absolutely wonderful.

My soon to be son in law eats bbq all over the city and claimed it was some of the best he had ever had. I was quite happy with it. It went really well with the montepulciano we had to drink with it.

My wife will probably not speak to me for a while if she finds out I posted this, so here it goes. You've heard of sleep walking, this image is an example of sleep studying. Notice the glass of wine in the foreground of the image. She's getting a good grade in this class so I can't complain too much.

Edit: Wife found out. She was a good sport about it (reason why I married her, she can deal with a man full of s**t). She did some sleep studying tonight, but reminded me she didn't have the glass of wine to go with it.

2-21-16_sleep-studying.jpg

Last edited:
. You've heard of sleep walking, this image is an example of sleep studying.

Oooohh, I have certainly been there!

My wife will probably not speak to me for a while if she finds out I posted this,

Come to think of it, been there, too! ;)

My wife will probably not speak to me for a while if she finds out I posted this, so here it goes. You've heard of sleep walking, this image is an example of sleep studying. Notice the glass of wine in the foreground of the image. She's getting a good grade in this class so I can't complain too much.

The home of a rabid winemaker, there's a carboy of white wine sitting on the kitchen counter. Wife's wearing a big coat indoors, no doubt because the temperature inside is as close to cellaring temps as possible. Your priorities are in the same order as mine. Love it!!!

Back