Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, sure looks like you can use one. I think I would be putting that carboy on the floor.

Cajun Fryer

This week I purchased a R & V Works Cajun Fryer, 4 gallon, two basket model.

It's estimated to feed 25 to 30 folks an hour.

The bottom is Vee shaped, so the precipitate falls to a cool zone that doesn't get over 120 F. Makes the fry oil last much longer.

Rain slacked off enough today that I could cook with it.
Worked beautifully.

This evening I made a batch of French Market Beignets for when the Grandkids come over tomorrow.

4 gallon Cajun Fryer in the rain.jpg

Chicken Frying 2  06-18-15.jpg

My wife bought a new toy at the barber supply shop. My youngest daughter looks on in horror as my better half shaves my oldest son to a setting of 1, yikes. Guess I owe him something for being the first guinea pig.

For me I am cowering in the basement looking for objects I can secure the door with. I've grabbed a glass and bottle and will not head upstairs until nature calls or everyone has gone to bed.

Update: Run, hide you family members. Wisk them to safety. My wife needs practice and it's not going to be me.

hair_horror.jpg

Last edited:
That bad boy looks like it could do a few Buffalo Wings to perfection!

Yes, Mike

It should work nicely on Wings. I plan on cooking some after my next trip for provisions. Oysters would be good as well.

I fried some Hush Puppies in the Cajun Fryer. I used a Purple Handled Disher to drop them. They were frying so fast that I had trouble keeping up. I began to fry in one basket and drain in the other. 27 Hush Puppies in very short order.

Jim...

Hush Puppies  06-20-15.jpg

Went here last weekend and it is truly beautiful. Ginnie Springs near White Springs Florida (just off I75 south of Lake City) If you are traveling through, it is worth a stop if you can. Old Florida. I recommend renting a tube and floating from the top springs, down the river and into each succeeding spring. It is cold but you get used to it pretty quick.

IMG_4898.JPG.jpg

IMG_4895.JPG.jpg

IMG_4893.JPG.jpg

IMG_4889.JPG.jpg

IMG_4879.JPG.jpg

IMG_4887.JPG.jpg

I spent the last week shooting my 1874 Sharps rifle at steel gongs. Iron sights at 300-800 yds off cross sticks.

q215_zpsho7kbufm.jpg

The targets are just below the top of those hills on the skyline

q15_zps9d3gneuu.jpg

Back