Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I placed an order for mine back in July 2017 I had no clue of what the model 3 looked in person. A year later exactly, July 2018, got the car delivered and zero regrets.
I couldn't do that -- I'd have to test drive a vehicle first. Or did you test drive an earlier model then order the 2018?

Go to an EV forum and make the survey, I think the answers will be much different. Hard to judge a meal if you never try it....
This illustrates the point I made in my last post -- the context means everything. Ask the question, "Is it reasonable that funerals in the USA cost $10,000+?" You'll get wildly different results if asked in a general population vs. an undertaker's convention. ;)

According to the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Ownership Study, satisfaction among first-time electric vehicle (EV) buyers (754 on a 1,000-point scale) is almost as high as it is for EV veterans (766)—those who have previously owned a BEV."
I'm honestly surprised the scores are that low. I'd expect higher.

Statistics and surveys are the best way to present a false impression without actually lying, so I'm with David -- I trust neither.

A while back a friend was in a dither because some item of interest to her was reported as increasing by 10x in the course of 1 year. I don't recall the exact details, but it was something like 1 person in 100 million was affected last year, and 10 were affected this year, which is a 10x increase -- from 0.000001% affected to 0.000010%.

This has nothing to do with EV, but hopefully explains the problem associated with not knowing the background of statistics and surveys.

That said, the numbers in Brian's post seem reasonable, based upon the folks I know, although the count of those having one is lower (regardless if they like it or not).
I once saw a study that reported that 90% of statistics are inaccurate!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back