Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :try When you've had enough, please send the rest up this way.;)

Will do, Brian, and I am happy we got what we got but we still need a few more weeks of decent rains. The hardest part of this whole ordeal the last four days was driving north seven miles to town and getting poured on the whole time or driving south seven miles to the other town and getting poured on the whole time –– but dry as a BONE at my place! :oops: Fortunately, on Saturday I switched to beer from wine, and we started to get some rain. 😄

Last edited:
Gas still continues to drop like a rock in these parts......... YMMV as they say.
Might be time for a Costco run! :db

View attachment 91232
Drove from Green Bay, Wis to Emerson, Ga.(about 35 miles north of Atlanta) this past week. Quite a bit difference along the way from $3.47 - $5.29.
By the way, it's gosh darn warm over in Ga. We don't get too many "94 - feels like 100" days in Green Bay. :D Still had a great time in Emerson,
grandson was picked to be one of 14 players to play for "Team Wisconsin(14 age group)" in the 38 team tournament. Seeded 10th after the pool round.
He pitched a one hitter(over 4 innings) and beat Georgia which lost in the semi-final round. Lost 3-2 to Arkansas in the bracket round which won the championship
game.

In many parts of the country the gas is still WAY UP THERE, let's hope it gets down to less than $2 bucks like it used to be. ;)
Still in the 4.20's to 4.49 range around these parts. Might have something to do with our gas tax applied to each gallon pumped:
  1. Pennsylvania ($0.586)
  2. California ($0.533)
  3. Washington ($0.519952)
  4. New Jersey ($0.414)
  5. New York ($0.4045)
Supposed to help keep the roads nice and the bridges from collapsing. I have a few around me that they just repaved, but most need a spruce up...

Still in the 4.20's to 4.49 range around these parts. Might have something to do with our gas tax applied to each gallon pumped:
  1. Pennsylvania ($0.586)
  2. California ($0.533)
  3. Washington ($0.519952)
  4. New Jersey ($0.414)
  5. New York ($0.4045)
Supposed to help keep the roads nice and the bridges from collapsing. I have a few around me that they just repaved, but most need a spruce up...

Wow, same here in CT, Costco was the cheapest a couple days ago still above $4

A local Ford stealer recently had 2 F150 Lightnings on their lot for $103k.

Not sure if you're looking at pickup trucks but have you looked at the Chevy Silverado EV coming in summer 2023? (EDIT: looks like it will be 2024) Looks real nice..!!!
I have a reservation for the ugly Tesla Cybertruck supposedly built also in 2023, that pickup has the highest reservation among all contenders.

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/silverado-ev

I just read somewhere that Ford is considering rethinking the whole dealership model and go to direct sales for just the reasons listed above. The dealerships are completely independent and Ford has no real control over how they price. Should be interesting, the Tesla model was mentioned as well as the over all trend of ordering on line of most everything we're buying these days.

I just read somewhere that Ford is considering rethinking the whole dealership model and go to direct sales for just the reasons listed above. The dealerships are completely independent and Ford has no real control over how they price. Should be interesting, the Tesla model was mentioned as well as the over all trend of ordering on line of most everything we're buying these days.

Personally, I hope they do, knowing how well Tesla has done with the online purchase experience, it is a set price from the manufacturer and no middle guy in between. One can argue that will kill jobs, but then how many jobs has the Amazon model killed....

Literally everything is online, I don't even go to malls nowadays or any physical stores, I know many folks still like that model but we as humans need to adapt to changes, otherwise you get behind for sure, which is everyone's choice obviously.

Back