Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally the rotting deck and pergola are GONE (we knew these were a problem when we moved into the home 3 years ago). Stamped concrete patio finished today! The patio, a gazebo, new furniture, new apron in front of the garage ALL for less than the quotes we were getting to replace just the deck alone. Edit: For anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area needing concrete work . . . I got a guy! PM me! Although he's mostly booked through the rest of this year . . .

Before (old deck, pergola, and small patio) and after (one big patio):
IMG_0378.JPEGIMG_0379.JPEG

Detail of the stamped concrete:
IMG_6124.JPEG

Last edited:
He's been gone more than a month now. Was 13 years old. And I am rudderless without him.
Buddy ... found next to an Interstate, injured and starving, in 2011 ... Best. Dog. Ever.

View attachment 89827

I am so so sorry.
I'm a cat person but I know how you feel. So much joy and love... and eventually horrible horrible sadness and pain.
So sorry.

We had our first real monsoon storm here in the high country yesterday afternoon. Brief hailstorm, 3/8" diameter, and then rain. Lightning and more rain overnight followed by a beautiful AZ sunrise. Shot about midnight and again around 5 this am off the patio. Supposed to keep up for at least a week. YES!
Lightning6-24-22.jpgSunrise6-24-22 copy.jpg

Good timing! The forest all all back open as of this morning. :db

I could not legally smoke a brisket until today.

We have monsoon rain in the forecast for the next 7 days for most of the State.

We're headed out to Albuquerque tomorrow... Ghost Ranch for a week... very much looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Our stove has a center burner that we've never used. Recently my wife pulled out the broiler drawer (gas stove) and spotted a cast iron griddle that we had completely forgot about. I never use the broiler and haven't opened the drawer since the stove was installed.

Having seen it, I had to use it.

griddle.jpg

Our stove has a center burner that we've never used. Recently my wife pulled out the broiler drawer (gas stove) and spotted a cast iron griddle that we had completely forgot about. I never use the broiler and haven't opened the drawer since the stove was installed.

Having seen it, I had to use it.

View attachment 89950
Nice find! Your breakfast options just jumped to a new level. I love my griddle. It's amazing for grilled cheese, hashbrowns, fajitas and fish tacos, especially for warming tortillas, burgers! Bruschetta. Anything you would do in a pan is just way easier to manage, which is why it is great for fish. You don't have to dig into the pan, you can gently flip delicate things over.

Don't overlook moving it around for higher temps and better heat distribution over the double burners.

Don't overlook moving it around for higher temps and better heat distribution over the double burners.
The middle burner is oblong, and not really suited for a pan -- probably why I've never used that burner. I supposed if I had a really large saute pan it would work.

I probably wouldn't use it for burgers, as the grease would spatter more than with a pan. But it sounds like a great idea for fish. I need to make corn tortillas like my son did when we visited -- this would be great for that. [which means I need a tortilla press -- his is cast iron and worked fantastic.]

My younger son is really into cast iron -- we are at max capacity on kitchen storage so I need to make room before I can invest in pans I've got my eyes on.

griddle2.jpg

The middle burner is oblong, and not really suited for a pan -- probably why I've never used that burner. I supposed if I had a really large saute pan it would work.

I probably wouldn't use it for burgers, as the grease would spatter more than with a pan. But it sounds like a great idea for fish. I need to make corn tortillas like my son did when we visited -- this would be great for that. [which means I need a tortilla press -- his is cast iron and worked fantastic.]

My younger son is really into cast iron -- we are at max capacity on kitchen storage so I need to make room before I can invest in pans I've got my eyes on.

View attachment 89957
No wonder you haven't used it. Other that making gravy in a turkey roaster it would only be good for the griddle.

Mine is built in and has sides. It helps contain some of the splatter, but I cover the other burners with kitchen towels when I make bacon and burgers. No fun pulling everything apart, especially when you just finished a heavy griddle feed.

Latest posts

Back