Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No poorer. Have to watch our pennies since we are both living on a fixed income ya know...

That and the female pharmacist who gave us our shots went to school and was close with our youngest daughter (who is now 34)....... Asking for a demonstration would have been slightly awkward....... LOL

So, did you go home $19.99 poorer? :)

Would seem that Tesla is having battery issues. Lots of nasties in that smoke! Lithium,Cadium, Cobalt ect. It is said that most fire departments are not equipped to handle those fires.
it was reported in July that Tesla’s 450 MWh Megapack project in Victoria, Australia had caught fire, ultimately requiring 7 days and 150 firefighters to put out.
assuming they use the most resource-frugal next-generation batteries, we would need the following materials: about twice the annual global production of cobalt; three quarters of the world’s production lithium carbonate; nearly the entire world production of neodymium; and more than half the world’s production of copper in 2018.
This compares unfavorably with the manufacture of a gasoline-powered car which accounts for 17% of the car’s lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions. When a new EV appears in the show-room, it has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission. The equivalent amount for manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds.
Tesla Recalls 135,000 Cars.
Tesla fire.jpgTesla 4.jpgTesla Fire 3.jpg

Last edited:
Would seem that Tesla is having battery issues. Lots of nasties in that smoke! Lithium,Cadium, Cobalt ect. It is said that most fire departments are not equipped to handle those fires.
it was reported in July that Tesla’s 450 MWh Megapack project in Victoria, Australia had caught fire, ultimately requiring 7 days and 150 firefighters to put out.
assuming they use the most resource-frugal next-generation batteries, we would need the following materials: about twice the annual global production of cobalt; three quarters of the world’s production lithium carbonate; nearly the entire world production of neodymium; and more than half the world’s production of copper in 2018.
This compares unfavorably with the manufacture of a gasoline-powered car which accounts for 17% of the car’s lifetime carbon-dioxide emissions. When a new EV appears in the show-room, it has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission. The equivalent amount for manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds.
View attachment 80122View attachment 80123View attachment 80124

Interested in knowing the source of this, especially the recall. Here's the official Tesla recall page: Recall Information

I think that's old 'fake' news as some auto makers are trying to bring the brand down. The real recall is happening with Chevy Bolt especially when Chevy asked every Bolt owner to park their cars about 50 meters away from their garage.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/recall-all-chevy-bolt-vehicles-fire-risk
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37552121/chevy-bolt-battery-recall-deep-dive-details/

View attachment 80122View attachment 80123View attachment 80124
“From 2012 to 2020, there has been approximately one Tesla vehicle fire for every 205 million miles traveled,” Tesla tells us. “By comparison, data from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and US Department of Transportation show that, in the US, there is one vehicle fire for every 19 million miles traveled.”

I think that's fake news. First of all Tesla aint going to tell anyone anything!
Second my post is not about how many fires but how dirty the fires are!
The fact is that the currently used battery technology is going to leave our kids,kids wearing gas masks to breath! Batteries are not Green!

Wow, intriguing!

My best guess is the base of a large tree, situated between a driveway and a bit of an embankment.

The funny thing is that, despite my specificity, I also think it could be a loess feature! Animal, vegetable, mineral.... I guess I would still have 19 questions left 😂

Back