Post a photo, any photo

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Kraffty

Reaction score
I finished going through the Cement Plant pics last night, I think I like this angle better. From the Highway heading up towards Jerome shooting downward and facing north. Won't be able to get the moon or Milky Way in that direction but maybe a long exposure with star trails would be interesting.

cementPlant copy.jpg

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if we're good to start fertilizer or not....lol
Hitting 70 here today.

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
I like how their heads just pop up from holes in the ground! :D
So far, a nice rainy day and I really don't see anything too worrisome tonight. Second time in about a week that my weather model watching predictions beat the local TV stations (and national TV news and cable weather, too).

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
So far, a nice rainy day and I really don't see anything too worrisome tonight. Second time in about a week that my weather model watching predictions beat the local TV stations (and national TV news and cable weather, too).
I bet you can beat that Paul Goodloe guy all to pieces. He was head forecaster on one of the TV stations in the St Louis area for about a year in the 90s. He was terrible and left very quickly.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Stay safe tonight Jim!

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
I bet you can beat that Paul Goodloe guy all to pieces. He was head forecaster on one of the TV stations in the St Louis area for about a year in the 90s. He was terrible and left very quickly.
The TV weather people here oversell bad weather to the max, and I don't wish to live my life in the state of constant weather fear that people in this region generally do, so I over the years I have become a weather geek. People here just lose their minds in all the hype, really.

I have my own PWS (readings here: Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground) and I look at a lot of weather models when bad weather is supposed to come, then I make my own forecasts. In the past 10 days, the local weather people and the NWS locally have TWICE been horribly wrong for our specific area. In both instances, I predicted the bad storms would be to our south, and that's what happened.

LOL, I once had a friend here from South Dakota and the TV started going off about severe storms and tornados on the way.

He said, "Where are we going? Where is a shelter???"

"Don't worry about it," I said.

"Where I live, if they say that, bad storms are coming."

"Not here."

It rained with mild thunder and lightning that day. No wind.

Generally, TWC people I have dealt with are cool. I have had a few experiences with them coming to the university. Here's Mike Bettis fooling around with a UAH Charger mascot doll at a shoot once.

MikeBetteswithChargerBlue.jpg

Latest posts