Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, good luck with everything, it is October and such an active season....ufff
My brother lives in Cape Coral, FL and they've been lucky this year.
I haven't really been too worried about the recent storms, we've been pretty lucky here as well, but this one has a pretty solid agreement amongst all of the hurricane models. I hope it doesn't hit here, but just have a gut feeling that it is. At least we have the technology to see / know what's out there, imagine back in earlier times where they just slammed into the coast with little / no forewarning...............

Ausable River Area TAWAS MIView attachment 66745

Wow, that is great!

I have swum/canoed in the Au Sable river (or, as I like to call it, "A Usable River.") However, my experience was FAR upstream from you, back up in the Grayling area. Heavenly, really!

Looks like you guys are seeing some smoke (like us).

IMG_5933.JPG

Lori had an hour and a half video conference training class yesterday so I grabbed my gear and headed out for more camera practice. The dead tree is a pretty straight forward image. The poles ended up more an exercise for photoshop and desaturation towards an almost BW photo.

View attachment 66772View attachment 66773

So what I want to know is who goes out in the desert and trims these trees so perfectly round....... We're heading back out there this afternoon in hopes of catching the last of the sun hitting just the red rocks between 5:30 and 6:00. Hopefully get a decent shot or two. I'm starting to hint to Lori that we really need an older jeep wrangler 4x4 just cause......desert, dirt, dust, convertible top, scratches, fun...... we'll see.....
PerfectRoundTree.jpg

We made it out and back safely, dropping jeep hints along the way. Sat on the tailgate with a couple of cold beers, chatting and laughing and even catching a herd of Mountain Pronghorn Antelope on camera about a quarter mile from us. At least a couple of pics worth sharing during the last light of the day.

PrarrieGrassSmall.jpgRedRockSunset.jpg

Latest posts

Back