Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot pepper “wine” given to me in FL by friend Roy.
10 years old, I used a bit sometime ago as seasoning aid for a marinade.View attachment 61279
Made jalapeno wine before and it does take at least 7 years to mellow out. It just left a warm feeling going down with no bite. Used to take when tailgating at the Packer games, shared with others and got good reviews. Made another batch but only 5 years old.

Thanks Paul, looks like a good book to have on hand out here. I also love reading the less then stellar reviews people post on Amazon. Frank Coulter wasn't (compared to the other reviews) as impressed as he could have been.

"I also looked for material on Ezekiel's wheel. Yes, it was mentioned casually (with an explanation), but no reference was given to the Bible."

Maybe he was searching in the wrong section of the library.....

Just ordered!
Mike

Last edited:
About 6 weeks ago our Agave started sprouting a bloom. My understanding is they bloom once and die and that this one was planted somewhere around 2003, if the neighbors memories are correct. It was standing straight until 3 days ago when it started listing slightly away, luckily, from the house. We're expecting it to get windy this afternoon and at the rate it's leaning I don't expect it to stand for much longer. I tied a rope to it to hopefully guide it away from the flag pole and driveway when it does go. Absolutely no clue how much it weighs but the base of the stalk is about 8" across and feels like solid wood. I'm estimating somewhere between 25 and 30 feet tall. The flag pole is 14' tall for reference. News at 11:00.....

AgaveTethered.jpg

Back