Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll never have one as a primary vehicle, the ones I’ve ridden in are really fast 0 - 70, faster than any gas guzzler I’ve ever ridden in. View attachment 56003

Mine is my primary car and the wife has a Lexus SUV which at some point we will try getting her into a Model X.
Once you go electric you always plan long trips accordingly, if anyone is stranded is because that person is getting to be an idiot....lol
These cars nowadays can ride for close to 400 miles on a full battery and the car has a navigation that maps your route nicely telling you where you need to super charge (if you really need to); there's zero range anxiety once you get to drive them, and like you said the pickup is just out of this world.

Last edited:
As I assembled this today I realized I've never owned a Webber Kettle in my life. I think I had a couple of cheap copies in my younger days but is actually a pretty nice unit. Went together perfectly, no missing pieces and can't wait to fire it up tonight. I was going to get the base model 22" but Lori pushed the one that was one step up. Don't know if it's worth it or not but it has the folding grate, thermostat and built in ash catcher. Whelp, time to turn on the misters, golf on the patio TV, grab a beer and read the instructions.
Mike
PS Thanks Jim, now I'm not the only one here without one!
View attachment 55894

WOOOW, you went Deluxe! Keep it stored out of the rain and it will last you years and years...

Interesting graphic, Varis. I'd be curious to see how they computed maintenance and resale. Any idea?

Not sure about the resale, but as maintenance goes I can personally tell you that it is a game changer, although I only had my Model 3 for a year.
I will see if I can pull up the Tesla recommended maintenance, but I think $1,200 in 5 years is too much.

Unless the battery goes out and needs replacement.......

Current cost $12,000.......

Did you purchase the battery insurance when you bought your Model 3?

What if Tesla is not around in 5 years?

How you looked at their burn rate lately?

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 1.31.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 1.35.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 1.36.08 PM.png

There are LOTS of short sellers out there being lobbied by big oil companies, don't get trapped in their hype.
I am not worry at all about the future of Tesla, in fact it is a bright future for all EV manufacturers, and Tesla has the edge.

See if you can find the longevity about those Model S batteries, I have many friends with early Model S models and they're still going strong like a champ. All batteries have certain degradation but since you like researching, I suggest you research on Tesla batteries.

You post a pic from Charles Schuab, another short seller.

We all need to have an open mind and think about the future and the generation we're leaving our kids and those coming behind, whether some like EVs or not the reality is that it is a reality and the future.

BTW - the electric motor in the model 3 has been rated to last about 1 million miles, hope that makes you do the switch....lol

Do you really think oil companies want EVs to succeed AT ALL? Research and find the chart of how much only the 10 most powerful ones make in a single day....but sit down because we're talking billions in a single day, that huge pie cannot be let go..!!

Like I said, test drive an EV and I bet the moment you drive it you will be pleasantly surprised. Once you get into an EV you do not look back, almost guaranteed.

We all have to adapt to new technology, just look around you, in your own house. Is current battery technology the best? Absolutely not, everything evolves and in a few years we will see solid state batteries and other technologies providing cutting edge and state of the art tech for the time they get released.

I have ZERO regret of having bought a Tesla Model 3, in fact I hope the budget allows to get the wife the model X SUV.
ZERO regrets and I'd do it all over again..!!

koolaid-you-drank.jpg

Latest posts

Back