Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tent Rock Canyon. Nuevo Mexico

67699025_2455926754430726_1398926506788388864_n.jpg

Lori and I were talking about just that. We're running over to So Cal next weekend and she mentioned that the hills will probably be brown and grey compared to here. But, truth in advertising makes me post this before and after. In almost all my photos I adjust the mid and highlight shadows and also use the HDR adjustments and saturation levels. Not to the degree that most of ibglowin's pictures have been tweeked but enough to strengthen the original colors and brightness. After and before attached.
Before and After.jpg

You really don't need anything more than that. I have a 'fancy' version with a side table and a gas charcoal starter, but I do 80% of my grilling on it. Grilling, roasting, smoking, a Weber kettle will do it all quite well.

I agree. I have two homemade drum smokers so I can smoke big quantities of meat. But the Weber handles it all. This one is the basic, cost me $59 several years ago. I had a nearly new high dollar gas grill and a friend said, you buy the basic Weber and you'll never use that gas grill again. So I did. The gas grill has been in the garage, unused, since. Every July 4th, Lowe's has a charcoal sale and I load up. Good for the year.

Dammit Jim!...... Said in a "Bones" Voice. I was going to buy a new one when we move again but now I'm thinking I really need to go pick one up tomorrow, BBQing burgers Sat night after all...... (if lori says ok that is)
Mike

As I assembled this today I realized I've never owned a Webber Kettle in my life. I think I had a couple of cheap copies in my younger days but is actually a pretty nice unit. Went together perfectly, no missing pieces and can't wait to fire it up tonight. I was going to get the base model 22" but Lori pushed the one that was one step up. Don't know if it's worth it or not but it has the folding grate, thermostat and built in ash catcher. Whelp, time to turn on the misters, golf on the patio TV, grab a beer and read the instructions.
Mike
PS Thanks Jim, now I'm not the only one here without one!
Webber.jpg

I think its definitely worth it with all the added features especially the folding grate and temp gauge.

I was going to get the base model 22" but Lori pushed the one that was one step up. Don't know if it's worth it or not but it has the folding grate, thermostat and built in ash catcher.

Back