Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to remember it's my first season, I'm like a kid in a candy store every day.
Mike

It never gets old. Especially the night sky. I love dusk watching the bats come out and fly back and forth across my yard eating flying insects. Now that I am retired on those days that I wake up early enough I love grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting on the back patio with our two Golden's at my feet and watch the bats still circling my yard while the sun starts to rise.

It never gets old. Especially the night sky. I love dusk watching the bats come out and fly back and forth across my yard eating flying insects. Now that I am retired on those days that I wake up early enough I love grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting on the back patio with our two Golden's at my feet and watch the bats still circling my yard while the sun starts to rise.

"Look at you getting all Hemingway on us..... " he said while setting on his sunporch drinking coffee and watching the clouds change color....

Sedona1.jpg Sedona2.jpg Free 3 easy steps to great photography lessons for winemakingtalk members only! Step 1- get a camera, anything above a Kodak instamatic will do. Step 2- learn where the shutter button is. Step 3- Move to a place where you can point said camera in any direction and come up with targets like this. Piece of Cake!

Honestly, we went to the Sedona Farmers market this morning and pulled off the highway a few times on the way back to take these. Even bought some veggies to throw in the grill tonight with dinner.

Maybe ignored isn't the best word to use. I just haven't seen the amount and level of concern that there was back in 1993, maybe I haven't been paying attention. I do think the level of flooding may be becoming the new "normal" and we as humans may regret building as much as we have in the flood plains. Who knows.

Late reply, sorry. The number of violent storms my area has had this year is amazing. I cannot keep up with the fallen trees on my place. Rains are no longer gentle affairs. If it rains, it rains HARD! When we moved here 30 years ago, there were no fire ants and they told us they would never get this far. There were no armadillos, but there are now. I was coming back from Kentucky, crossing the KY/TN line, and saw a dead armadillo on the road there. It's wild!

Late reply, sorry. The number of violent storms my area has had this year is amazing. I cannot keep up with the fallen trees on my place. Rains are no longer gentle affairs. If it rains, it rains HARD! When we moved here 30 years ago, there were no fire ants and they told us they would never get this far. There were no armadillos, but there are now. I was coming back from Kentucky, crossing the KY/TN line, and saw a dead armadillo on the road there. It's wild!
Heck, I have now seen fricking nasty armadillos as far north as Columbia, MO. Maybe even up to Hannibal.

Mt. Rainer, WA

67942861_2444551385826272_9178854215500431360_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back