Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fun begins... Finally getting started on a 3 month old "Honey Do" project. Wife wants/needs a new computer desk. Nothing wrong with the folding table that we've been using for over 30 years... so I don't get it. :) It is just going to be a stained panel sitting atop two nice wooden, store bought, filing cabinets. No hurry on these type projects because once they're done another magically appears on the "Honey Do" list. :confused:

IMAG2180.jpg

The problem is using the app. @TxBrew the problem is only with images we try and do a copy paste from Facebook. Any image uploaded from your local desktop seems to work OK. But who wants to take the T&E to download the file to your local desktop and then upload it. Its way faster to just do a copy/paste using a URL only it doesn't work (images do not show up) on the app if the URL is a FB hosted photo.

Last edited:
Have been slammed at work lately with some family issues folded in for good measure. Got to go up to our cabin with my two brothers (and one SIL) last weekend. Nice weather for April, sometimes it snows when we're up there (actually my younger brother who went up the day before reported some snow falling when he got up there). Normal clean up etc, but since we did a good job last fall closing it, we had some time to enjoy ourselves. In our family that means that some alcohol consumption is pretty much mandatory. First image shows an orange cooler with a corny keg in it full of a ho-made German lager. That was but one of the options. The hit of the weekend is our new pellet stove, nice to not get up in the middle of the night to load up the wood stove or fireplace. A nice 72*F when I walked down on Saturday morning! My brothers replaced the sad looking light in the pellet stove image while I supervised (I'm really good at that). Spent some time on our large screened in porch reading, which is rare for me. I did actually fish for about 10 minutes after I avoided a porcupine on the way down to the stream (was opening day of trout season for the northern part of PA).

And here is what Craig's hangout looks like (see cluster of cabins in center of shot) from the Tioga State Forest West Rim Trail. [My dog Sadie and I were out hiking about a week ago when this picture was taken.]

IMAG2178.jpg

The problem is using the app. @TxBrew the problem is only with images we try and do a copy paste from Facebook. Any image uploaded from your local desktop seems to work OK. But who wants to take the T&E to download the file to your local desktop and then upload it. Its way faster to just do a copy/paste using a URL only it doesn't work (images do not show up) on the app if the URL is a FB hosted photo.

Don't use the url. Copy the actual image and paste the actual image into the post.

This is a right click copy of an image from a link on Facebook. The image comes from this link.
https://returntonow.net/2019/03/31/...WLpmW15Rl5b8zQsoZ3q_KwTD3-2t2bEJd_NEec41GFAy0
IMG_1006-1024x768.jpg

Doesn't seem to work on Mac computer. If I "right click" on a Mac (no such thing really) I have to hit "control click". I get these options. If I choose "copy image" and then past the image into the box it shows up just fine on a Mac computer but it doesn't show up on the WMT App. See examples above using the app.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 5.06.06 PM.png

So how does one post a photo?

At the bottom of a post you will see Upload a File. Use that to choose a photo from your computer and upload it. Or do a copy from somewhere else and paste into your post here.

Latest posts

Back