Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an Eglin AFB shirt and a replacement mixer (Kitchen Aid K150) and ordered the meat grinding and sausage attachements. In the process of making some bagels to make sure the motor is up to snuff... Most guys would bemoan getting an appliance (much like buying a washer/dryer for the wife), I love it!

Also got a new winter grilling hat. Long story short, my daughter "won" this at our family Christmas gathering in Julian, PA on Saturday. She didn't want it, so I took it off her hands. Very, very warm!

12-25-18_grillin-hat.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it’s been a warm, wet winter in the south. My property is wet and muddy and deer hunting conditions have been difficult at best. We’ve only been below freezing once all winter, normally have plenty 20’s and some teens, and the ducks just haven’t come down like they normally do. Not to mention that duck numbers are down substantially from last year due to a dry breeding season in Canada.

Bright side, the bayou is so swollen with rain water that it got high enough to flow into the pipe that we installed to allow the overflow to drain off, so now it’s full and looks awesome. The lake approaches 15’ deep in some areas, averages around 10, and has some shallow shelves under 5’. Been talking to some local stockers, and we’ll be stocking this spring, probably catfish and bream, then bass when we have a solid ecosystem. It’ll be nice to do a little fishing in the off season. A nice dock seems to be in order....maybe a little boat.
B2C75D33-CA54-404E-9F7A-277298052078.jpeg

One of the best things about being a winemaker and is a snowy day is samples after some racking. These two just came out of my refrigerator for cold stabilization. I was surprised how little fell out, usually the bottom of the carboy is covered,but not this time. These are both from Chilean Juice, one is a Pinot Noir, the other a Cabernet / Merlot. Both are very tasty, even if very cold. 20190112_105315.jpeg

most of my images are too large this is my friends racing team, which fits the bill, Aintree race course, uk, obviously the name is on the fairing. Although we have had the odd fall out he has been my friend for forty odd years and has done very well for himself ;-) to actually keep a friend that long isnt easy.

Attachments

• _MG_1452.JPG
    _MG_1452.JPG
    836.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Just returned from a 2 month road trip. This was taken on the Equator on Dec 21st. Please note my left (your right) the extreme cold in the northern hemisphere on first day of winter, while the hot temps in the Southern Hemisphere (my right side) for first day of summer. The best part - had three kits waiting when we arrived home (Black Cab, HighTail Merlot, and Fume Blanc).

Equator.JPG

Just returned from a 2 month road trip. This was taken on the Equator on Dec 21st. Please note my left (your right) the extreme cold in the northern hemisphere on first day of winter, while the hot temps in the Southern Hemisphere (my right side) for first day of summer. The best part - had three kits waiting when we arrived home (Black Cab, HighTail Merlot, and Fume Blanc).

I had a Finance professor in college that always said averages were worthless. His example? "If my head's in the oven and my feet are in the freezer, on average, I'm comfortable". You just reminded me of that. :D

Nice!

One time I was on the southernmost point in the US (proper), viz., South Point, HI. We were walking along, and something was bothering me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized that I was walking east, but my shadow (albeit small) was actually south of me. I was confused and addlepated. Then I realized that the date was very close to the summer solstice, and I was south of the Tropic of Cancer. Of course the elevation of the sun would actually be north of me!

In your case, the sun's elevation would have been about 23.5 degrees. Might be interesting to revisit Ecuador in March or September, with 0 degrees elevation!

CIMG3103.JPG.jpg

Back