Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A picture of a mesmerized wife watching her first load of laundry run on an appliance she chose (I will name it "Laundry can be bliss"). The bliss will last for a week, tops, then I'll be doing most of the laundry, again. It's a good excuse to surf this forum and sample some alcoholic beverages (my computer is about 20 feet from the right edge of this image). She didn't even notice that I took the picture (with a flash to boot). It's so spacious that I can't reach to the bottom of the tub without turning on various buttons, there in the front of the unit, with my shapely abdomen. I've modified my entry point to remove clothes to the right side of the unit.

She's happy, which makes me happy, now I've just gotta pay for them. Another reason I didn't buy fresh grapes this Fall...there's always next year. I'll live vicariously through @jgmann67's grape batches he's picking up tomorrow.

I am glad she is happy and a mesmerized wife is a very good thing.

We got an LG washer (my pick) to match our LG dryer (my pick) after our Maytag crapped out (after only 9 years - they do NOT make them like they used to!). Amazing new agitator-less washer. Quiet as all get-out, uses what seems like a wine glass full of water to do a huge load, has the clear lid so the mesmerization can take place, plays a nice little ditty when stuff is starting or done. Seems to get the clothes clean just fine. The dayum yeller gubmint tag on it says the thing will cost me a whopping $16 to operate for a year - including the cost of heating the water.

If someone had told me 10 years ago I'd have like $1,400 in a washer and dryer, I would have thought they were crazy. But the cheaper stuff just has not lasted for us. Here's hoping these are around another couple decades. Us, too, for that matter.

Obligatory pix from the Redneck Riviera on Dauphin Island, Alabama - the best kept low cost beach condo vacation in the country, on the Gulf of Mexico. Another awesome last week of September, and yes, a condo is reserved already for next year. We saw tons of dolphins this year, way more than ever before, due to a large number of shrimp near shore. At least 30 dolphins spotted frolicking.

DI2018 1.jpg

DI2018 2.jpg

DI2018 3.jpg

DI2018 4.jpg

DI2018 6.jpg

DI2018 7.jpg

I prepared the sea scallops for 4 meals during our stay. Mmmmm! Best meals we had.

In the same boat as everyone else as of Aug 2016...... The happiest sounding W/D in the world!

IMG_1370.JPG

I am glad she is happy and a mesmerized wife is a very good thing.

We got an LG washer (my pick) to match our LG dryer (my pick) after our Maytag crapped out (after only 9 years - they do NOT make them like they used to!). Amazing new agitator-less washer. Quiet as all get-out, uses what seems like a wine glass full of water to do a huge load, has the clear lid so the mesmerization can take place, plays a nice little ditty when stuff is starting or done. Seems to get the clothes clean just fine. The dayum yeller gubmint tag on it says the thing will cost me a whopping $16 to operate for a year - including the cost of heating the water.

If someone had told me 10 years ago I'd have like $1,400 in a washer and dryer, I would have thought they were crazy. But the cheaper stuff just has not lasted for us. Here's hoping these are around another couple decades. Us, too, for that matter.

The LG's are very quiet. I leave my house fan running 24/7 and it's sometimes hard to tell if they are running, unless the washer is on spin cycle or the dryer has my Son's football uniform pants (with metal objects attached to smooth out any bumps inside the dryer). We're happy so far. Just wish I would have realized there was a birds nest in my dryer ductwork, might not have ordered a new dryer (old one was a 25 yr old Maytag).

Well thats a complete bummer but at least you got your $$$ worth out of the old one. These new dryers have flow sensors on them that are very sensitive. I have a very short run to the outside on our dryer vent (like 3 feet with the hose) and I kept getting a restricted airflow after hooking it up. I had to keep moving it out further and further from the wall until the dryer hose was not compressed in any way in order to get it to stop. So now the dryer sticks out noticeably further than the washer..........

Also make sure you don't have any loose change is in any pockets! I found out the hard way that a quarter will fit perfectly into the bottom agitator space between the side wall and bottom section and it sounded like the transmission had gone out on the washer. Got an error message and looked it up and found that quarter perfectly stuck in the groove and ground almost smooth on both sides. Got it popped out and things were back to normal after that but that was a close call for sure!

Just wish I would have realized there was a birds nest in my dryer ductwork, might not have ordered a new dryer (old one was a 25 yr old Maytag).

Last edited:
Well thats a complete bummer but at least you got your $$$ worth out of the old one. These new dryers have flow sensors on them that are very sensitive. I have a very short run to the outside on our dryer vent (like 3 feet with the hose) and I kept getting a restricted airflow after hooking it up. I had to keep moving it out further and further from the wall until the dryer hose was not compressed in any way in order to get it to stop. So now the dryer sticks out noticeably further than the washer..........

Also make sure you don't have any loose change is in any pockets! I found out the hard way that a quarter will fit perfectly into the bottom agitator space between the side wall and bottom section and it sounded like the transmission had gone out on the washer. Got an error message and looked it up and found that quarter perfectly stuck in the groove and ground almost smooth on both sides. Got it popped out and things were back to normal after that but that was a close call for sure!
I used rigid vent pipe since it suggested it, so I haven't had any issues with flow (the "test" mode showed no restriction). The quarter problem will be a problem. With my old Whirlpool I picked about everything out of the pre-pump filter, including a cut up credit card (at least no chance of stealing the numbers from in there). Hair will also be a major issue. Three females in the house, two with very long hair. It's the bane of my existence. I have to broom up the floors before I mop them and usually get a nice wig each time I do it. I doubt a large long haired canine could shed as much.

Few photos of the exterior of our “hunting property” construction project, now nearly complete.

First photo is from the gravel road out front, existing building to the right (which houses our two trailers) will be converted into a shop. Two new camps are to the left of the frame.

Second photo is the area between, slated to concrete and covered, and will be outdoor kitchen / barbecue/ outdoor dining.

Third photo is the 6 acre lake we dug, needs a lot of water, but will be about 14’ deep when filled.

Last one is my camp with the soon to be shop behind to the left.
2C0072B7-95E9-4F88-AA53-C6811A65D0D6.jpeg 78C8A13E-F25C-4653-A61F-114F77E6C0F2.jpeg 834DC8E1-13BA-4A97-824E-E2DF4F914311.jpeg 7065CA03-AF92-4862-9DDF-19FD44BA36F8.jpeg

Some photos of the inside, it’s going to be wonderful moving from a 240 sf trailer to a 1500 sf, 3 bedroom place with 2 bathrooms, a real kitchen and living room. Hope to have sewer, water and power tied in by next weekend.

Attachments

• ABAA98C4-7235-49B8-A924-2B0382207DC1.jpeg
    ABAA98C4-7235-49B8-A924-2B0382207DC1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 2DB2BD5A-EB6E-42CD-A71E-990FCE770DE4.jpeg
    2DB2BD5A-EB6E-42CD-A71E-990FCE770DE4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • 71313631-4A57-4C44-B839-A9FAA86FC5FA.jpeg
    71313631-4A57-4C44-B839-A9FAA86FC5FA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
That's looks nice. Good to know you have a camp larger than my house! Are you gonna farm some mud puppies in that lake?

Oh, and are those tie downs for hurricane wind protection? If so how much can they withstand? Just curious, and nosey.

That's looks nice. Good to know you have a camp larger than my house! Are you gonna farm some mud puppies in that lake?

Oh, and are those tie downs for hurricane wind protection? If so how much can they withstand? Just curious, and nosey.

No mud puppy (are they the slimy eel-like creatures with little legs in front?) farming, but the local Wildlife and Fisheries will stock it for us since it’s over 5 acres, once it’s full. We’ll start with catfish this spring and add some bass and hybrid bream a few years later, once the ecosystem is complete with aquatic plants, etc.

Not nosy at all. Manufactured homes are required to be strapped, we upgraded ours to Wind Zone Category 2 for 130 mph, also required 2x6 exterior walls and wood sheathing on all exterior walls, pretty stout buildings for sure.

Few photos of the exterior of our “hunting property” construction project, now nearly complete.

First photo is from the gravel road out front, existing building to the right (which houses our two trailers) will be converted into a shop. Two new camps are to the left of the frame.

Second photo is the area between, slated to concrete and covered, and will be outdoor kitchen / barbecue/ outdoor dining.

Third photo is the 6 acre lake we dug, needs a lot of water, but will be about 14’ deep when filled.

Last one is my camp with the soon to be shop behind to the left.

Hey John: I know nothing of construction, but was wondering if you're pouring concrete between the two 'units', why you didn't do that when you poured the slabs they are sitting upon. Looks like a really nice place you're going to have there.

Hey John: I know nothing of construction, but was wondering if you're pouring concrete between the two 'units', why you didn't do that when you poured the slabs they are sitting upon. Looks like a really nice place you're going to have there.

To make a long story short, the building permit process required the units be in place prior to filing the permit, so the slabs had to be there to put the units in place. Can’t install the electrical, sewer, or water (which comes in between the units) to the units without approval of the inspector, you need a permit number to get him to come out. Seeing the problem? Solution, pour the rest of the concrete once the utilities are in place.

Corporate lease for clients/customers?

Some photos of the inside, it’s going to be wonderful moving from a 240 sf trailer to a 1500 sf, 3 bedroom place with 2 bathrooms, a real kitchen and living room. Hope to have sewer, water and power tied in by next weekend.

Corporate lease for clients/customers?

No, just us. My buddy and I have 650 acres we mostly just use in the fall / winter to hunt, now we’ll have a more comfy place during other months. It’s beautiful land, we’ll have a fishing pond now as well.

I do take the occasional client up to hunt, along with a few of the guys from my company, but it’s primarily a private endeavor.

Back