Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope the hospital part of the visit was not too bad! Sorry for the crappy day...

A 1-Honda owner here, but my Honda has been old enough to drink wine for a number of years now! ;)

My barrel company is putting together a trip for it's customers in Hungary next April or May. This is the details they provided, those of you that know of Hungary or in general Eastern Europe, what do you think?

We are putting together the trip to Hungary and will be mailing out to only our
customers. We're looking for 50-55 interested wine lover travelers. The headquarter
would be in Budapest, we would visit the best winemaking regions (Tokaj, Eger, Zemplen Mountain,
Balaton felvidek etc.) World famous winemakers will host us, enjoy the great Hungarian unique
foods like (gulash, paprikash chicken, stuffed cabage etc) and the famous Hungarian hospitality.
We want the airline ticket included, negotiating with a few very good hotels, luxury bus provider
companies, restaurants and of course adventures resorts where real home made open air food can be cooked and partying.
I think from Friday night to the following week Sunday would be the best, 10 days (9 nights) and
with the airline tickets, hotel, transportation, food, special programs we could get the price set around $3,000/person.
Hoping the best, a successful start and do this regularly.
What do you think? Looks OK? Would you be interested? Of course spouses, friends welcome to join the group.

While there, be sure to taste Szurkebarat.

As far as my understanding goes Szurkebarat is both a place (region of the Balaton) and is also a grape varietal (white).

Szurkebarat is perhaps my absolute favorite white wine!

While there, be sure to taste Szurkebarat.

As far as my understanding goes Szurkebarat is both a place (region of the Balaton) and is also a grape varietal (white).

Szurkebarat is perhaps my absolute favorite white wine!

Thanks John, I have to convince my wife to go. She hates flying especially long flights. I'm kind of excited about it, never been to Europe plus I am 50% Yugoslavian haven't had good Slavish food since my grandmother passed away many years ago.

OK, so for the benefit of everyone else...

take a look at this again...

5264fce5-f817-418e-bd76-e796496ce35d-jpeg.48423

The Hungarian currency is the Forint. At present, the conversion rate is 1 dollar is 270 forint.

so,

The most expensive glass of wine = $4.44 and the cheapest is $1.96.
Most expensive bottle of wine is $21.85 and the cheapest is $7.22

.. and this is probably a tourist area where the wines are priced much higher than usual!!!!

Just try to get these prices anywhere in the states....

GOT TO LOVE HUNGARY!!!!!!

Last edited:
I ended up getting a brand new Honda civic. Got a great deal (we know the owner of the dealership).

I drive a 2009 Civic, bought it new, good and reliable car but man do you feel every little cranny in the road when the car gets a bit old....

Back