Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha! A born manager! Anytime a manager says "we need" to me, I know it is "I" who will be doing!
Dang... Busted already - I've only been here for ~9 months!

I have a friend who has been going to Haiti for years with US AID on farmer to farmer missions. Some nice vistas in that general area, and prices are good. I always think about Belize or Costa Rica for an expat retirement. Last time, he went to Guatemala and I was wowed by the scenery there, too.
Belize is good, but while Costa Rica has a large number of Gringo ExPats, the red tape and crime is worse there than in the majority of other countries. Seems like a lot of folks are looking to retire where medical and cost of living is less - and if "We have" 24/7 bar service, then life is great!

Seems like a lot of folks are looking to retire where medical and cost of living is less - and if "We have" 24/7 bar service, then life is great!

Even if you are in the top 5% or 10% in net worth, it can be a daunting prospect to consider retiring in some areas of the USA. Especially without a pension. So a lot of people dream, and some actually do it. I'm fortunate to live in a very low cost county in a low cost state and to have owned my place outright for a lot of years. But I still sometimes wonder...

Yet now that WT members will all soon have a place in the DR to drop in awhile, all is well!!!! Hahaha...

"Hoodoo Canyon", Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument, NM (between Santa fe and ABQ)

30708674_1770695609620514_3482052724147617792_o.jpg

F46C6B2E-BB55-4558-9330-9B5F5E434527.jpeg 7D5C0165-A469-4ADB-967A-2C6ACD10D1D7.jpeg Glass tasting class by Mr. Riedel himself in Graz Austria. Would have learned a lot more if I understood German. I can say I could tell the difference in glass in. “Deaf” tasting of different wines. Too bad the glasses won’t fit in the luggage.

This morning's puppy hike took us to the West rim of PA Grand Canyon. If you look over Sadie's ear you can just make out some canyon cabins. I believe Craig's (@ceeaton) cabin is second on from the left. With pic 2 I try to make it easier to pick out the cabins...

IMAG1681[1].jpg IMAG1682[1].jpg

Glass tasting class by Mr. Riedel himself in Graz Austria. Would have learned a lot more if I understood German. I can say I could tell the difference in glass in. “Deaf” tasting of different wines. Too bad the glasses won’t fit in the luggage.

It was at least very hospitable of them to provide you with a placemat in English! :)

Usually I’ll have some foresight and handle something like this properly. (2nd time fully moving my setup-which is growing at a very unhealthy rate :) )But I’ve had so much on my plate lately I dropped the ball.
I have been setting up the winemaking area at my new place and gradually moving in all the gear, saving the wine for last. I never racked down into smaller vessels like I wanted. Just forgot.
Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. Wine is currently at the new location and made it without incident. Sitting at the top of another set of steps waiting to go down now. I’ve never been good at asking for help. Find myself choosing to break my stones rather than asking for help and burdening someone else.

Usually I’ll have some foresight and handle something like this properly. (2nd time fully moving my setup-which is growing at a very unhealthy rate :) )But I’ve had so much on my plate lately I dropped the ball.
I have been setting up the winemaking area at my new place and gradually moving in all the gear, saving the wine for last. I never racked down into smaller vessels like I wanted. Just forgot.
Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. Wine is currently at the new location and made it without incident. Sitting at the top of another set of steps waiting to go down now. I’ve never been good at asking for help. Find myself choosing to break my stones rather than asking for help and burdening someone else.

Give them some wine for the help. Lots of times it's not a burden at all, people want to help. I've had several painting parties. Free pizza is enough to get that done. :)

Back