Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do like the quiet operation and catchy tunes it plays. LOL. It sure beats the old buzzers.
Sure does. The laundry area is about 95% finished now and she is thrilled. These things are so amazing you probably won’t even believe it. I won’t pretend to understand the tech- ...but I can throw a load of laundry in the washer, and the next day when I get home from work it has been dried,folded, and placed back in the dresser and closets. Remarkable. Samsung is on point!
IMG_0748.jpg

Just got through with "One Man's Wilderness" and so your pix are timely! I had seen the documentary "Alone in the Wilderness," but never read the book. Just ordered Part II of the book. Dick Proenneke was quite a guy. I never get tired of checking out his old footage or scribblings.

Saw this today. Awesome!

kepler-view-earth-bright-flashlight-hg.jpg

At 94 million miles away, Kepler's interpretation of Earth as a bright flashlight in a dark sea of stars demonstrates the capabilities of its highly sensitive photometer, which is designed to pick up the faint dips in brightness of planets crossing distant stars. Some stars in this image are hundreds of light years away. Image courtesy NASA

Took last weekend to tear down the woodpile, clean the area up after powder beetles got into the cherrywood, and re-stack it with new wood from splitting piles I made last fall. There's still quite bit to split. Beautiful weekend for it, 76 Saturday and 67 Sunday. Got to get it done before the real heat arrives soon!

29340108_10214015763522060_3233169568454471965_n.jpg 29343337_10214014670654739_741102804638836382_n.jpg 29386549_10214014669734716_522302775081574189_n.jpg f

Last edited:
Hmph, not what I expected on March 20th. Guess they predicted wrong, again, but unfortunately the original prediction was on the low end. I'm in Adams Co. PA, so I'm in the 8-14" range. Just checked and had 6" close to the house. Just hoping it keeps melting on the roads. What prompted me to go check was the fact that our school district just called to inform us that there were no classes tomorrow. Kinda early for them, they usually wait until 5 am for the "good" news.

http://abc27.com/2018/03/20/snow-de...g-noreaster-takes-hold-tonight-and-wednesday/

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/pa/york/KPAYORK104?cm_ven=localwx_10day

3-20-18_snow.jpg

Of course I blame this all on the fact that I got my car serviced on Monday, and they always wash it. Oh well, looked good for a day. The fun of owning a car painted white.

Last edited:
Craig, only 20% chance of flurries and or snow showers up this way. No accumulations forecasted.

Craig, only 20% chance of flurries and or snow showers up this way. No accumulations forecasted.
Well, that's what happened the last 3 N'easters, we were just far enough West to get a few inches or nothing at all. Then I got on my high horse and said, no problem this will be like the other three. Guess maybe I shouldn't of said that.

Just watch it, we've had plenty of snow up around your parts on opening day of trout season. I have pictures of the ice freezing up in my rod guides to the point I had to dip my fishing rod in the water to melt them.

Edit: by the way, where is that straight road you have as your last image with Sadie impatiently waiting for you?

As they used to say during WWII when talking about the Manhattan Project but they couldn't say where they were stationed at......

I am out in the Southwest. The weather is beautiful, warm and dry..... Hang in there Craig!

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.53.06 PM.png

Getting used and abused over here. Yet another in 10 days potentially too.
Heather works for the state gaming enforcement. Already got the call- all state workers are off—- who didn’t know that. Schools off too.
Unfortunately I’m dealing with an a**hole from a cabinetry shop who insists on making a delivery regardless of the snow- forcing me to drive what normally is 45 min to the job. God bless 4x4.
Took 3 different kerosene selling gas stations to finally find one who had some to heat my shop. Not sure if there’s a shortage since of the attendants spoke English.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back