Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ewwww. :h The area next to the flywheel teeth is actually INSIDE the cooling shroud - should be clean or a little dusty. The stator, under the flywheel, was packed solid with this grimy grass-oil mix. Soon I will pressure wash, then new crankshaft seals on both ends, seal the oil drain pipe connection, and button her back up. Amazing this Kohler Command was still running strong and charging. Leaked like a sieve. Then I will pressure wash the garden tractor, and see about the hydrostatic transmission leak (should be an easy tube fix, usually). Then slap her back in there and hopefully we are in business.

27973188_10213747799303122_857092942638851271_n.jpg

"Won't you be my neighbor?"

There are only two lots left to be sold in Hills Creek Estates. These two remaining lots (each just a bit over 2 acres), that you see in the picture below, adjoin my property on my western borderline.

Picture was taken yesterday morning as the sun was still low on the horizon. If you look closely at the lower right hand corner of the picture you can see the shadow of my sitting dog and half of my shadow as I snap the shot.

BTW, the title is linked to the classic opening of Mr. Roger's TV show as found on YouTube.

IMAG1498[1].jpg .

Last edited:
Deer%281%29.JPG

TransAM, when I was 18. Kawasaki Ninja when I was 22, Minivan at 38.
Wait what? I miss the old days sometimes, hah.
Picked up a 2012 dodge caravan this week. Baby #3 on the way (other kids almost 7 and 9), so needed to succumb to the minivan.
On the plus side, it will hold a lot of grapes :)
View attachment 46776

Had one from the middle 80s to the early 90s. Besides hauling kids it turned out to be a pretty decent utility vehicle.

[BTW, my crew was mostly into British bikes. I rode a Triumph 750 and lusted after a friend's Norton 850.]

My pastures trying to turn into my ponds this morning. Wow, we have had a LOT of rain the last 3 weeks.

28279395_10213839804683199_3893097805362676138_n.jpg

Nice pic Jim! As an astrophotographer, I will say this. Most people tend to take pictures of full moons, but in truth. When the moon is in other phases, that is when the best pictures come out. The reason being is you get the moons terminator (shadow line) in the middle of the moon which then the craters cast shadows or lit peaks.

To show you what I'm talking about. Here is a moon image that shows the terminator and you can see how the details near the terminator pop compared to a straight full moon.

H9TCr9W.png

So if you ever decide to take a picture of the moon, try to do it in a non-full phase.

I think crescent moons are the best time to image though!

moon-crescent-left.jpg

Latest posts

Back