Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, I did not know that. We can be very proud of that. It's amazing really, bham is a big player in health research and Huntsville a big player in engineering research. Alabama is such a backwards state

These guys are no slouches, either, in the genetic engineering world...

http://hudsonalpha.org/about-us/leadership/executive-team

They just hired another stellar guy from the renowned Medical College of Wisconsin...

http://hudsonalpha.org/blog/howard-jacob-join-hudsonalpha

They just hired another stellar guy from the renowned Medical College of Wisconsin...

http://hudsonalpha.org/blog/howard-jacob-join-hudsonalpha

Yeah, unfortunately, that made our local paper, too:
(http://www.jsonline.com/business/howard-jacob-medical-college-genetics-pioneer-taking-job-in-alabama-b99474997z1-298848421.html)

Not only did Jacob save the life of Nic, he has gone on to save many more lives, said Amylynne Santiago Volker, the boy's mother. Her heart "skipped a beat" when she read the email in which Jacob personally shared his news with her, she said. Her son put the feeling into words.

"That's sad," Nic, now 10, told his mother. "He's our hero; I don't want him to go."

What are they Pam?

An apple cider and a German Rauchbier..... I try to always have my tiny carboys rolling with experiments :) I have 2 empty right now. Just bottled a dragons blood and spiced cider. Any suggestions for my next batch?

LOL…………

10985390_10152734829240981_5944993859305209500_n.jpg

Jim, I did not know that. We can be very proud of that. It's amazing really, bham is a big player in health research and Huntsville a big player in engineering research. Alabama is such a backwards state

I grew up in that "backwards state", too. My dad was a rocket scientist who worked on the Apollo project (and Mercury and Hubble Space Telescope) and helped put men on the moon. His team designed the guidance control systems for the Jupiter, Saturn I and Saturn V rockets, among others. Alabama born and bred! Such ignorance. :)

I have an asparagus patch in the back yard, about 20 yrs old, and usually get a few praying mantis egg masses on the fronds, which I grab and stick in the ground around the yard in various places. I never have seen the little critters emerge in the spring, but tonight I got lucky. Have a pot in the driveway that I usually plant some romaine lettuce in for a late spring salad. This year my lettuce seeds from 2009 decided to give up the goat, so I had to pick up some new ones. When I went to plant them in the pot, I noticed some movement, and upon further inspection, I saw this...(top image)

(bottom image) then after announcing it inside the house, I got a nine year old spectator. Of course he had to capture some and attempt to bring them inside.

DSC05385_cropped.jpg

DSC05386_cropped.jpg

Strawberry wine going...

Strawberry wine started May 7, dropped way below SG 1.000 on May 11. I thought it was going to be too much to fit into a six gallon and a one gallon, so I split it in two fives. I think it would have fit in the six with only a little in the one. It was still bubbling very slowly last night, but tonight it seems to have stopped. I won't have time to rack it over to a single six gallon until after the weekend, but hope it will be fine under the CO2 blanket.

In case anyone wonders, they are covered in thick towels most of the time, not sitting directly in the sunlight as they appear to. The top pic is during transfer from primary on Day 4, and the second pic is the very next day. Clearing nicely!

Strawberry wine day 4.jpg

Strawberry wine day 5.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, you pick a forum name with the word "Temperance" in it???

:ft:ft:ft

Hey, somebody finally noticed!! Haha!
I used to belong to a group that held "Temperance" meetings every Friday night at a local pub… The point was to protect the rest of society by eliminating as much available alcohol as possible. :se This particular group also had an owl as a mascot. I picked that name wondering if anyone associated with it might be on here and ask about it.

Went to the ballpark yesterday with the SIL while the ladies had a spa day. Great seats. 2 Hot dogs and 2 Beers....... $42 on Master card. Hanging out with family, Priceless!

IMG_0386.jpg

Latest posts

Back