Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of people know this, the chap who founded Harvard University (I think his name was Harvard) 😀, was born in the same place as Shakespeare, Stratford on Avon UK.😇
I was able to visit Shakespeare's home when I was on a College trip, and the only thing I remember is the tour guide explaining where the phrase "turning the tables" came from. :tz

I was able to visit Shakespeare's home when I was on a College trip, and the only thing I remember is the tour guide explaining where the phrase "turning the tables" came from. :tz
1686410901505.png
Harvard house owned by John Harvard's Grandfather, is right next door to the Garrick, the oldest pub in Stratford. I'm not sure, but I believe it is now owned by Harvard University.

Not a lot of people know this, the chap who founded Harvard University (I think his name was Harvard) 😀, was born in the same place as Shakespeare, Stratford on Avon UK.😇
Sorry, but on checking, it was John Harvard's mother who lived in Harvard house. John Harvard was born in Southwark, London.

Back