Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
motorcyle helmet.jpg

MANY moons ago a friend was on his motorcycle when he was hit by a deer. Yes the deer hit him broadside and knocked him off the bike at 50 MPH.

He skidded down the road on his butt, then flipped over and skidded along on his face. He was well dressed (real bikers don't wear leather because it's cool, they wear it for protection), so he had bruises and a few relatively minor scrapes.

He whined about destroying his expensive helmet (the chin was literally gone -- it did it's job, his chin wasn't). I asked him if he wished he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

He stopped whining. 🤣

View attachment 101792

MANY moons ago a friend was on his motorcycle when he was hit by a deer. Yes the deer hit him broadside and knocked him off the bike at 50 MPH.

He skidded down the road on his butt, then flipped over and skidded along on his face. He was well dressed (real bikers don't wear leather because it's cool, they wear it for protection), so he had bruises and a few relatively minor scrapes.

He whined about destroying his expensive helmet (the chin was literally gone -- it did it's job, his chin wasn't). I asked him if he wished he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

He stopped whining. 🤣
As a former motorcycle safety instructor, I would tell my students that I had 2 motorcycle accidents caused by a distracted car driver. I survived both because of my helmet. No one cared.

View attachment 101792

He stopped whining. 🤣
Many years ago, before I retired, I used to cycle to work. One evening on the way home, a passing lorry threw up a stone which hit me below my cycle helmet and split my eyebrow. I lost control of the bike, hit the kerb, and down I went. Luckily, I ended up on the grass, so I mostly got away with cuts and bruises.
My head must have smacked the pavement, because my helmet was completely split open on the left side. Had it not been for the helmet, I would have probably had a fractured skull or even worse.
So, as you say, ALWAYS wear a helmet.
🚲🚲

As a former motorcycle safety instructor, I would tell my students that I had 2 motorcycle accidents caused by a distracted car driver. I survived both because of my helmet. No one cared.
My first week with my license, I was nearly sideswiped twice by drivers that did not see me. I sold that bike decades ago, an always told myself I'd buy another one eventually. While I'm in a position to do it now ... the traffic in the Raleigh area makes me completely unwilling to buy a bike. We live out in the county, so I have country roads to ride on, but it's not enough impetus to actually do it.

Many years ago, before I retired, I used to cycle to work. One evening on the way home, a passing lorry threw up a stone which hit me below my cycle helmet and split my eyebrow. I lost control of the bike, hit the kerb, and down I went. Luckily, I ended up on the grass, so I mostly got away with cuts and bruises.
Scary stuff.

An acquaintance got hit by a scooter that ran a stop sign. Totaled a brand new bike, put the acquaintance in the hospital for 2 days, and the uninsured scooter drive walked away. It doesn't take much ....

Last edited:

A colleague used to tease me for wearing a bicycle helmet. He basically thought this was wimpy. My comeback to him was "That's fine, Mike. I don't blame you. If you have nothing to protect, it doesn't really make sense to wear a helmet...."

Some little known Natural Laws:

Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and
you will have to pee.
Law of Gravity: Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible place in the universe.
Law of Deniability: The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
Law of Random Numbers: If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal; someone always answers.
Variation Law: If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one to which you moved.
Law of the Bath: When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone will ring.
Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know INCREASES dramatically when you are with someone with whom you do not want to be seen.
Law of the Result: When you try to prove to someone that a machine will not work, IT WILL!!!
Law of Biomechanics: The severity of the itch is directly proportional to the difficulty of reach.
Law of the Spectator Seats: At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk.
The Coffee Law: As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
Murphy's Law of Lockers: If there are only 2 people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
Law of Physical Surfaces: The chance of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor is directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible IF you do not know what you are talking about.
Law of Physical Appearance: If the clothes fit, they are ugly.
Law of Public Speaking: A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it OR the store will stop selling it!
Doctors' Law: If you do not feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there, you'll feel better. But do not make an appointment and you'll stay sick.
The Law of Television Entertainment: As soon as you find a television program that you really like, it will be cancelled.

View attachment 101792

He stopped whining. 🤣
As my old maternal grandmother told me when I was 6 yrs old: "If you can't listen, you can feel"
My listening abilities and comprehension improved greatly after the first session!!!!!

Latest posts

Back