Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you hear that the Montana state cops had to announce to people, "Don't try to shoot it down with your rifles! It's too high! Those bullets will come down somewhere!" Yep, not making this up! Lord....
I had a discussion on the beach in North Myrtle Beach yesterday, a woman said that we should be able to see the balloon, as Surfside Beach isn't that far away. She pointed down the beach and said, "I've lived her all my life. That's Surfside Beach, we can see it from here. It's a short drive, less than 30 minutes."

In the far distance we could see the beach curved outward to the left and tall buildings were visible. I didn't argue with her -- ya know the old saying about pigs, mud, and wrestling?

I had checked distances, Surfside beach is 20+ miles from where we were, and the balloon was 11+ miles up. Regardless if the buildings we could see were in Surfside, we're not going to see anything the size of a bus at that distance ...

My son agreed that simply agreeing with her was the best choice ...

Latest posts

Back