Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This man was a true scientist and humanitarian. I was living in Pittsburgh when Dr. Salk did his research at Pitt. He was a great man who avoided the limelight because he felt a true scientist did his work to advance society and not for notoriety nor profit. How this hero did not win the Nobel Prize for Medicine is a mystery beyond comprehension.

1663852934670.png

A classic ... and there's a reason! 😄

View attachment 93172

One of the texts I had for Thermo was Thermodynamics by Enrico Fermi. I kept it for many years because when I had trouble sleeping, I would pick it up and begin reading. I would get to about "Enthalpy" and be out like a light. The book put me to sleep in the early 1960's and probably still would today!

One of the texts I had for Thermo was Thermodynamics by Enrico Fermi. I kept it for many years because when I had trouble sleeping, I would pick it up and begin reading. I would get to about "Enthalpy" and be out like a light. The book put me to sleep in the early 1960's and probably still would today!

I always wondered why ThermoDynamics seemed to only be offered as a Mon, Wed, Fri class starting at 730 or so. That has to be a punishment class for Engineers. I was glad there was a dedicated student in my life who believed going to class mattered when I took Thermo. That's probably the only reason I was able to eek out a B from that class. Had I been on my own, I would have been lucky to get a D, due to non-attendance. I was an under-motivated student at best. Thankfully my children inherited the attitude my at the time girlfriend, eventually first wife had.

And I just checked, nowadays the class is taught at 840 MWF, still crazy time for an engineering student, but better.

Latest posts

Back