Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can guarantee you those were just as dangerous as TXTing while driving. Our middle daughter wanted to go pick up her older sister in 2003 at Xmas at the airport in ABQ so we let her go. She didn't make it even a mile (thank goodness) from the house (speed limit was 25mph) and she was looking for one of her CD's and wasn't paying attention and the car in front of her stopped to turn left and she was not looking at the road and..........

View attachment 91378

I literally had just made the last payment on this vehicle and it was totaled believe it or not.
As long as no one was hurt. Cars can be replaced. My friend had their 16 year old daughter get into a serious accident and suffered a severe brain injury. She died at 23.

I think you are a great brother. Leading by example!

I am, however, concerned about your chances of pulling off a successful dunk with that mug.
If you notice, I'm on a boat. That mug keeps it off my shirt, which keeps my wife happy. She is singularly focused on removing all stains within 3 parsecs of our location.

PS. You don't dunk chocolate donuts. It's not morally or socially acceptable. Now if I had dunkin sticks or oreos, I'd find a way.

If you notice, I'm on a boat. That mug keeps it off my shirt, which keeps my wife happy. She is singularly focused on removing all stains within 3 parsecs of our location.

PS. You don't dunk chocolate donuts. It's not morally or socially acceptable. Now if I had dunkin sticks or oreos, I'd find a way.
I am glad we cleared that up. Carry on, sir. I see that all is well thought out!

Not really a meme, but still funny.

A woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.

She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"

The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it.

She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I didn't use them."

'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous."We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."

"But I didn't go to any of those shows.."

"Well, we have them, and you could have."

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.

"But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"

"That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."

"But I didn't!"

"Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

Yea, that's what I thought. Air bag deployed. Engine broke free from the engine mount as well so there may have been major damage to the engine since it was running. We took it to one of the best repair shops in Santa Fe and the owner and our kids went to school together and played soccer together and were BFF's so needless to say we trust his judgment on the estimate. He came back with it would cost about as much to fix it as we would get if it was totaled and he said if it were him he would total it so that's what we did. Expensive lesson for all.
Ah ..... always pays to look under The hood! 😁

Yea, that's what I thought. Air bag deployed. Engine broke free from the engine mount as well so there may have been major damage to the engine since it was running. We took it to one of the best repair shops in Santa Fe and the owner and our kids went to school together and played soccer together and were BFF's so needless to say we trust his judgment on the estimate. He came back with it would cost about as much to fix it as we would get if it was totaled and he said if it were him he would total it so that's what we did. Expensive lesson for all.
My oldest daughter did the same thing to my Buick park avenue, she broke a small bone in her hand and totaled the car. The prior accident only bent things up, then she totaled her grandparents olds.

Not really a meme, but still funny.

A woman decided to give herself a big treat for her 70th birthday by staying overnight in a really nice hotel.. When she checked out the next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for $250.00.

She demanded to know why the charge was so high "I agree it's a nice hotel, but the rooms aren't worth $250..00 for just an overnight stay - I didn't even have breakfast!"

The clerk told her that $250.00 is the 'standard rate,' and breakfast had been included had she wanted it.

She insisted on speaking to the Manager. The Manager appeared and, forewarned by the desk clerk, announced: "This hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center which are available for use."

"But I didn't use them."

'Well, they are here, and you could have." He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which they were so famous."We have the best entertainers from the world over performing here."

"But I didn't go to any of those shows.."

"Well, we have them, and you could have."

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!" and the Manager countered with his standard response.

After several minutes discussion, and with the Manager still unmoved, she decided to pay, wrote a check and gave it to him. The Manager was surprised when he looked at the check.

"But Madam, this check is for only $50.00"

"That's correct I charged you $200.00 for sleeping with me."

"But I didn't!"

"Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

That is EXACTLY what they do, and why the room prices on Expedia, etc., seem so small. Ummm... Not including the add-on charges for stuff you are not gonna use! BEEN THERE! 🤣

Latest posts

Back