Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were young-ish when Days of Wine & Roses was released UB mid to upper 60's now. 😁 Anyone else have a wine song reference?
Well sure, Harry Mancini's The Days of Wine and Roses, 1962. But for this one I grew up with a more recent song, by The Dream Syndicate, not a cover but a song of the same name, from an album of the same name, released in 1981. I was 14 when that came out.

More esoteric: The phrase "days of wine and roses" is originally from the poem "Vitae Summa Brevis" by the English writer Ernest Dowson (1867–1900):

They are not long, the days of wine and roses: Out of a misty dream Our path emerges for a while, then closes Within a dream.

Back to meme landia (or is this too politcal?): 1653535085077.png
if that's too political this cannot be or can it:
1653535332438.png

Last edited:
But Neil Diamond's Red Red Wine came out in 1967, so you'd be quite a bit older than 40 if you knew that UB40's version was just a cover from 1983 which weirdly became a big hit in 1988.

ABSOLUTELY, and Neil Diamond's version is light years better than that electronic trash, as well. Listen to it on his "Hot August Nights" live album. Wonderful. When some youngster talks about a remake of a classic song as if it is new, I just laugh and laugh...

Back