Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See this all the time out our windows. Boogers are as thick as fleas on an alley cat here. Seen herds with as many as 25 running thru the orchard. And they like to chew on grapevines, which is a problem. Plus they tear the branches out of the fruit trees. My nephew works at reducing the herd. Here are some shots from our 56 acres.
Super buck..
View attachment 83535
My nephew
View attachment 83536
A shot taken by another nephew and one from a cell trail cam
View attachment 83537View attachment 83538
man i just found out we're cousins, :i lol
dang i live with lots of game, as you do,
Dawg

man i just found out we're cousins, :i lol
dang i live with lots of game, as you do,
Dawg

We call our vineyard 'Bear Paw Vineyard' due to finding bear tracks the first time I brought my wife to see the property. Deer and groundhogs are on the hunt list here, but most everything else is not, especially the mink and fox. They are not as plentiful as they once were. May have to allow some turkey hunting as they have become numerous. Lots of birds to include great horned and barn owls, 3 types of hawks, occasionally spot an eagle if they fly this way from the lake. Spotted a woodcock last year with 3 youngins 'bubbling' thru the grass. Ran and got the wife as she had never seen one. They, too, are getting scarce. We have coyote packs that roll through some nights. Those babies can give you the willies when you are out in the dark and they are on the hunt. More to name as the list is long.

On our honeymoon in Italy I had to do all the driving as we could only rent a stick shift car in Rome, which my wife did not drive, no problem. However, the car we got had a really weird feature I'd never seen before or since where you had to pull up a little mechanism just below the knob of the stick before it let you put the car in reverse. Not knowing this I found it impossible to put the car in reverse. So after I took a wrong turn leaving San Gimignano for our rented house in Umbria, I had to make my new bride get out of the car and push our little car so I could turn around. We were on a flat and empty road and it all worked out fine. But after that she pored through the owner's manual (written only in Italian) to figure out about the trick to allow me to put the car in reverse. From both her pushing without complaint (and with strength) and figuring out the reverse issue while I drove, I confirmed once again I'd married the right person.
I would wager you rented a FIAT 500. I had one for eight years for local city driving. Luckily I tried reversing at the dealership. The vendor admitted it took him a while to figure it out as well. Safety item to prevent accidental shift into reverse.

We call our vineyard 'Bear Paw Vineyard' due to finding bear tracks the first time I brought my wife to see the property. Deer and groundhogs are on the hunt list here, but most everything else is not, especially the mink and fox. They are not as plentiful as they once were. May have to allow some turkey hunting as they have become numerous. Lots of birds to include great horned and barn owls, 3 types of hawks, occasionally spot an eagle if they fly this way from the lake. Spotted a woodcock last year with 3 youngins 'bubbling' thru the grass. Ran and got the wife as she had never seen one. They, too, are getting scarce. We have coyote packs that roll through some nights. Those babies can give you the willies when you are out in the dark and they are on the hunt. More to name as the list is long.
I Uset to see bear tracks long ago, till i put up new 5 strand barbed wire, but i still see cougar tracks, all types of game, only thing i guess i blocked of was the bears,,,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back