Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are retired, every day is Saturday, except for Sunday.

That will be nice, when every day is Saturday. But I have quite a bit going outside my daytime work. That's different than working for a boss, though. It's working for myself, something I have always done even when I also worked for a boss.

That will be nice, when every day is Saturday. But I have quite a bit going outside my daytime work. That's different than working for a boss, though. It's working for myself, something I have always done even when I also worked for a boss.

Everyone I know has said that they don't know how they ever got anything done when they worked as they are so busy now that they are retired. I know that I have a great deal to keep me busy, especially since I keep enlarging the vineyard. We don't do horses any longer, so I've also converted part of the horse barn to a crush room/fermentation/bottling operation. Much more fun that scooping horse poo.

Everyone I know has said that they don't know how they ever got anything done when they worked as they are so busy now that they are retired. I know that I have a great deal to keep me busy, especially since I keep enlarging the vineyard. We don't do horses any longer, so I've also converted part of the horse barn to a crush room/fermentation/bottling operation. Much more fun that scooping horse poo.
Very true. How I managed to get things done during my working years still amazes me. I've been retired for the better part of 20 years and never seem to have enough time to get things done!

Yep, I have heard that "busy, busy" assertion, too. Then again, most retirees I know are not getting up at 5:30 a.m. anymore, either. My wife sleeps in until 9 now. :D I have a whole long list of stuff that I could not and cannot possibly get done while spending the majority of my daytime life away from the farm. I look forward to finally finishing my 15-year-long car restomod, buying a camper and new truck, and living in the camper while redoing most of the interior of the house, including a remodel of the 1960s kitchen. By the end of my list, I will either be 70 or dead. 😄

Yep, I have heard that "busy, busy" assertion, too. Then again, most retirees I know are not getting up at 5:30 a.m. anymore, either. My wife sleeps in until 9 now. :D I have a whole long list of stuff that I could not and cannot possibly get done while spending the majority of my daytime life away from the farm. I look forward to finally finishing my 15-year-long car restomod, buying a camper and new truck, and living in the camper while redoing most of the interior of the house, including a remodel of the 1960s kitchen. By the end of my list, I will either be 70 or dead. 😄
I still get up somewhat early. I guess it's baked into me. Was up at 6:10 this morning, and I don't use an alarm. It also means that by 11 PM, I shutdown all critical functions for the night.

I still get up somewhat early. I guess it's baked into me. Was up at 6:10 this morning, and I don't use an alarm. It also means that by 11 PM, I shutdown all critical functions for the night.

I cannot sleep past 7 a.m., no matter when I go to bed. Could be 2 a.m., I am up at 7. The retired wife can sleep peacefully through a morning. It's tough on these cold dark mornings, getting dressed for work while she's lying there, sound asleep. ☺

I cannot sleep past 7 a.m., no matter when I go to bed. Could be 2 a.m., I am up at 7. The retired wife can sleep peacefully through a morning. It's tough on these cold dark mornings, getting dressed for work while she's lying there, sound asleep. ☺
UGH! My wife and I both wake up between 4 and 5 no matter when we go to bed. She usually goes to bed at 9. I'm in the recliner until 10 or so, but I won't guarantee you'd find me awake in it. The programmable coffee maker is set for 4:45am! :sl

Latest posts

Back