Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the last time I went deer hunting, a bit over 2 years ago. I killed the deer right on the spot.

Unfortunately, I was driving a Toyota Sienna at 75 MPH on I-85 north of Charlotte NC at the time. I managed to kill the Sienna as well, although my wife and I were very fortunately unharmed, just shaken and stirred. The deer jumped a cement median and kept going, I had a car in my right blind spot, and there was nothing to do except brace for impact. My wife heard me say, "oh, no," and looked over just in time to see the deer hit the front quarter panel. It appeared to look me right in the eyes from about 1.5' away.

It's not an experience I can recommend.

ask me what was up
This reminds me of the last time I went deer hunting, a bit over 2 years ago. I killed the deer right on the spot.

Unfortunately, I was driving a Toyota Sienna at 75 MPH on I-85 north of Charlotte NC at the time. I managed to kill the Sienna as well, although my wife and I were very fortunately unharmed, just shaken and stirred. The deer jumped a cement median and kept going, I had a car in my right blind spot, and there was nothing to do except brace for impact. My wife heard me say, "oh, no," and looked over just in time to see the deer hit the front quarter panel. It appeared to look me right in the eyes from about 1.5' away.

It's not an experience I can recommend.
been there done that, , 3 am in kentucky no traffic state rod drove by me 3 times, and i mean nothing in 40 mile each way, the doe shoved my front bumper into my tire, the 4 th time that rod came by i jumped into the middle of the highway flipped both birds and screamed F U, he backed up
and ask me what was wrong. i told him about the deer and my bumper, he said he had a bar but he could not use it, i said can i borrow it, now i had sat there better then 3 hours and had only seen him, he was embarrassed, just as he was getting in his car he ask where was the doe, i said last i seen her she was flying that F--ing way, she had jumped as i hit her at 70 miles an hour in my ford f 250 7.3 lter or 455 power stroke, i had not thought about that in years, truck was brand new 1996 with towing pac, funny now , but not back then
Dawg

Old Ford explorers are TOUGH!! Wife used work late quite a bit. Must be approaching 10 deer and one bear coming home. Always able to drive on home. Bear required some tin bending so it didn't drag turning right. She got as many deer as I did hunting!! I've only gotten 4 and none even required body work. F250s are also tough... And sit higher!

Old Ford explorers are TOUGH!! Wife used work late quite a bit. Must be approaching 10 deer and one bear coming home. Always able to drive on home. Bear required some tin bending so it didn't drag turning right. She got as many deer as I did hunting!! I've only gotten 4 and none even required body work. F250s are also tough... And sit higher!
Deer hunting with a vehicle is a rather expensive way to do it! But it's not always at night -- the one I described hit us at 1PM on a Sunday. The two I got previously (I hit one, one hit me) were at night.

Latest posts

Back