Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's true cuz I saw it on the internet! 🤣 Uh, unless I fact-check it.

https://africacheck.org/fact-checks/fbchecks/golding-quote-mixed-words-21st-century-writer
I'm a skeptic of internet quotes as well as internet fact checkers. But I enjoy the memes that people post here, so I passed this quote along to my brothers saying I couldn't confirm the actual author. They got a good chuckle out of it. My question is, why would the Africa fact checker not state that they contacted the person they say wrote the last lines of the quote and give us his acknowledgment? I assume he's still alive since they don't say he has died. Just a loose end it seems a reputable fact check site would clear up. Now back to the funny memes! :db

I'm a skeptic of internet quotes as well as internet fact checkers. But I enjoy the memes that people post here, so I passed this quote along to my brothers saying I couldn't confirm the actual author. They got a good chuckle out of it. My question is, why would the Africa fact checker not state that they contacted the person they say wrote the last lines of the quote and give us his acknowledgment? I assume he's still alive since they don't say he has died. Just a loose end it seems a reputable fact check site would clear up. Now back to the funny memes! :db

The site I posted is not the only site to draw the same conclusion about the quote. I fact check most meme quotes as a reflex, since most memes that are not humor are carefully designed to manipulate in some fashion.

A few chuckles for you punsters out there:

·
A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.

· Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.

· I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.

· I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.

· This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

· Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

· All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.

· Velcro, what a rip off!

Back