Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humor is in the eye of the beholder, I reckon. I noticed you liked this one, which I didn't find very funny, since masking is the #1 way to prevent transmission of Covid and 1 in every 500 Americans has now died of the disease. It implies that "idiots" who mask are doing so solely "cause you scared."

I do it to prevent others from getting Covid, since I may be asymptomatic for a week while still shedding virus. I also do it because masking has saved me twice from getting the disease after long close contact, in an area of the country where it is widespread due to lack of masking and vaccination.

So I guess mine is as valid as this. Eye of the beholder, and all. I wasn't going to say a thing until you commented.

Well said.

Truth, warning and humor often co-exist.

I work in this field and the deaths we are seeing today (and I mean today) are needless. Just like the ones yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that....It's tragic and heartbreaking. It did not need to be this way.

Well said.

Truth, warning and humor often co-exist.

I work in this field and the deaths we are seeing today (and I mean today) are needless. Just like the ones yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that....It's tragic and heartbreaking. It did not need to be this way.

I live and work in the Deep South. I have many friends who have lost mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles - some of them in large groups at a time. As I said, I have had two close contact brushes with COVID myself (I'm vaxxed and not shy about telling any one who wants to know. And I wear a mask, often the only one in a store or location here who does.)

Then there are the corollary losses. An Alabama man recently died of a heart condition because none of the 43 hospitals contacted had an ICU bed for him. Cancer patients can't have lifesaving surgeries. They have pulled in refrigerated trucks in Mobile and Baldwin counties, Alabama, to handle the extra dead bodies. I have doctor friends in Georgia and Florida, too, and it is none better there. Their words fall on deaf ears. All so senseless.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

242157886_3772486642975562_7092804825530641022_n.png

Latest posts

Back