Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working from home for something like 23 years now. (Dang, where has the time gone) When I first started doing it, my mentor, who hired me said some folks don't really get dressed, but he always got up, put on a collared polo shirt, at least and pants. So that's what I started doing. I have now given in and gone with the flow, normally a T-Shirt and shorts, no shoes (with Kenney Chesney playing in the background).

Our offices will be opening back up after Labor Day. But I will probably be in once or twice a week at most. Trying to figure out what my long term workspace is going to be like. I've been working in the dining room and now that we can have people over again, I guess I'm going to need something more permanent.

Our offices will be opening back up after Labor Day. But I will probably be in once or twice a week at most. Trying to figure out what my long term workspace is going to be like. I've been working in the dining room and now that we can have people over again, I guess I'm going to need something more permanent.

They made some of us come back in starting on April 10. As I've posted before, fewer than 40% of this state is vaccinated. I am, but I wear a mask in public. I'm doing the same job I did for a year from home, but have to commute now. I'm resentful of the computer folks, who can walk out of here and get a new job and more money any time they want. THEY haven't been asked to show up yet! Do to circumstances beyond my control, at this phase of my life, at this job, I am a peon rather than in the management positions I formerly occupied, and just waiting out a pension. But the manager in me says that double standard is not a good look... Oh well, 432 days to go. :D

We are having company over tomorrow, and I have been spending the day cleaning off the dining room table! :)

Wait a minute. Did retirement not suit you?

Well, my official last day is not until 7/1. But more importantly, I am getting sucked in to helping with my wife's small biz, which is blossoming. :slp My "office" has been the DR table...

They made some of us come back in starting on April 10. As I've posted before, fewer than 40% of this state is vaccinated. I am, but I wear a mask in public. I'm doing the same job I did for a year from home, but have to commute now. I'm resentful of the computer folks, who can walk out of here and get a new job and more money any time they want. THEY haven't been asked to show up yet! Do to circumstances beyond my control, at this phase of my life, at this job, I am a peon rather than in the management positions I formerly occupied, and just waiting out a pension. But the manager in me says that double standard is not a good look... Oh well, 432 days to go. :D
3 bottles of wine and it will be down to 431.

Latest posts

Back