Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, we were supposed to make it out there this week but we are staying put for the foreseeable future. That pic was a couple years back but the trees are loaded once again this year. They (our daughter and SIL) have a navel orange, nectarine, meyer lemon and avacado. In fact most every home in Burbank has that many trees and many many people just let them rot and fall to the ground and the gardeners pick them up each week and toss them in the green recycle bins......

Time to get some Everclear and make some 'cello!

90197357_3190486384331361_2877638563745234944_o.jpg

STORE OBSERVATIONS: Frozen food aisle, decimated. Boxed "kit" foods like mac and cheese, sold out. Canned soups, stews, etc, sold down severely. Produce and pasta fully stocked.

CONCLUSION: America does not know how to cook.
Available in-store Flour, yeast, but the baked Bread aisle cleaned out. hmm, time for homemade bread.

Last edited:
This reminds me of two an amusing stories from my youth. Back in the 1950's there was a bread strike in Pittsburgh and all the major bakeries were striking. Little to no bread was available anywhere.

My Mom said to my Father, "I want you to go to the A&P and get me 100 pounds of flour." My Father said, "That is an awful lot of flour, Marg," and she replied, "I know, but I want to get it before the hoarders get it."

During the strike, we were shopping, again at A&P and there was no bread on the large island-like display racks that normally held bread. I noticed that at the bottom of these racks, there were several large drawers, all around the "island." I opened one of the drawers and found the cache of bread that the store employees had hidden for themselves. People immediately descended on the find and quickly cleaned out the supply. All the while, A&P store employees who had seen what I had done were glaring at me.

Great to think back on these memories.

Last edited:
Back