Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, while at the store yesterday witnessing the end of humanity, I couldn't help but notice that almost all of the produce was gone, except for oranges. They seemed to have a stockpile. Evidently TP is more important that oranges (which help fortify ones immune system). I just couldn't figure out the run on bananas though. They are good if you suffer from nausea as they taste the same coming up as when they went down. Good choice, I guess.

Hmmm, while at the store yesterday witnessing the end of humanity, I couldn't help but notice that almost all of the produce was gone, except for oranges. They seemed to have a stockpile. Evidently TP is more important that oranges (which help fortify ones immune system). I just couldn't figure out the run on bananas though. They are good if you suffer from nausea as they taste the same coming up as when they went down. Good choice, I guess.

I noticed Friday when I was at the store that all the bananas were gone. Seemed odd to me. As you said, I'd be looking for a run on citrus for the Vitamin C.

90218856_10207110810446016_7765922155367235584_n.jpg

STORE OBSERVATIONS: Frozen food aisle, decimated. Boxed "kit" foods like mac and cheese, sold out. Canned soups, stews, etc, sold down severely. Produce and pasta fully stocked.

CONCLUSION: America does not know how to cook.

Hmm, we must know how to cook here as the produce section was wiped out, except for oranges, for which the bins were full. I didn't check the price, but it didn't make sense to me. Plus the store had a limit on TP and water per customer. And since the stock market is tanking, we have extra TP at home we're saving for retirement purposes. I figure $20 a roll by next week.

December to June is actually peak harvest time for citrus fruits in California. Here is a pic from our daughters back yard.

upload_2020-3-16_12-33-18.jpeg

Oranges being left behind in March maybe makes some sense. They are generally not very good at this time of the year. If imported, they were picked prior to being fully ready. I don't think there are any left from the Americas right now.

Latest posts

Back