Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jim, this is the type of motivational meme I need today to continue my life's work! 🤣
I try to send my (working) younger brother motivation pick me ups during the day. Things like showing what I'm doing in stead of working, or where I'm at instead of working. I'm sure it helps him thru the day, in his windowless office, taking the heat for his boss, and listening to the complaints of his fellow workers.IMG_1711.JPGIMG_0898.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to send my (working) younger brother motivation pick me ups during the day. Things like showing what I'm doing in stead of working, or where I'm at instead of working. I'm sure it helps him thru the day, in his windowless office, taking the heat for his boss, and listening to the complaints of his fellow workers.View attachment 91373View attachment 91374

I feel his pain. My wife and most of my friends are retired, so I observe and hear it from them. Then @ibglowin is a constant irritant, with his trips to wineries and those "we just decided on the spur of the moment to go to California" excursions. 😄 But – for a limited time only – I still drag myself in every day. :cool: I have quality improvements at work that would benefit the endeavor that I asked for 2 years ago, and my boss is like, "It's getting closer, Jim. We're almost there!" And I'm thinking, "I don't give a f***, I'm-a be GONE shortly." Just gotta be careful not to say that out loud. Yet. 🤣

This Columbia House thing is how my friend learned the key to getting out of debt. One day when they were harassing him by mail for payment, he wrote on the bill in big black block letters DECEASED and sent it back to them in the convenient postage-paid envelope. He never heard from them again. So, then this joker grows up right? In the '80s, he gets himself into credit card debt he can't pay for, and so what does he think? "Columbia House!" He takes his bill and writes in big black block letters DECEASED on it, then mails it back in the handy envelope. NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD! 🤣 True story!

Now, I would say don't try this today, BUT ... I had another friend who, without my knowledge, put me down as a contact on a loan if the company could not find him. I didn't know anything about that until he died! I found out when they called me and asked me why they had not been able to contact Stanley.

"He's deceased," I said, and sure enough, what did I think as those words came out? "Columbia House!"

"I'm very sorry, sir, we'll take care of this." Never heard another word! 🤣

I can guarantee you those were just as dangerous as TXTing while driving. Our middle daughter wanted to go pick up her older sister in 2003 at Xmas at the airport in ABQ so we let her go. She didn't make it even a mile (thank goodness) from the house (speed limit was 25mph) and she was looking for one of her CD's and wasn't paying attention and the car in front of her stopped to turn left and she was not looking at the road and..........

1659708358850.jpeg

I literally had just made the last payment on this vehicle and it was totaled believe it or not.

I can guarantee you those were just as dangerous as TXTing while driving. Our middle daughter wanted to go pick up her older sister in 2003 at Xmas at the airport in ABQ so we let her go. She didn't make it even a mile (thank goodness) from the house (speed limit was 25mph) and she was looking for one of her CD's and wasn't paying attention and the car in front of her stopped to turn left and she was not looking at the road and..........

View attachment 91378

I literally had just made the last payment on this vehicle and it was totaled believe it or not.
Totaled??? Looks like a new hood would make it all better.

Yea, that's what I thought. Air bag deployed. Engine broke free from the engine mount as well so there may have been major damage to the engine since it was running. We took it to one of the best repair shops in Santa Fe and the owner and our kids went to school together and played soccer together and were BFF's so needless to say we trust his judgment on the estimate. He came back with it would cost about as much to fix it as we would get if it was totaled and he said if it were him he would total it so that's what we did. Expensive lesson for all.

Totaled??? Looks like a new hood would make it all better.

Yea, that's what I thought. Air bag deployed. Engine broke free from the engine mount as well so there may have been major damage to the engine since it was running. We took it to one of the best repair shops in Santa Fe and the owner and our kids went to school together and played soccer together and were BFF's so needless to say we trust his judgment on the estimate. He came back with it would cost about as much to fix it as we would get if it was totaled and he said if it were him he would total it so that's what we did. Expensive lesson for all.

If the air bag deploys, it is automatically totaled by the insurance, is what Iearned after my wreck. I am not surprised. I brushed up against a pole with my near new car while relying on the camera when backing up (for the first and last time). The damage was a small dent and scratch near the filler lid. That was $1,200 to fix.

I try to send my (working) younger brother motivation pick me ups during the day. Things like showing what I'm doing in stead of working, or where I'm at instead of working. I'm sure it helps him thru the day, in his windowless office, taking the heat for his boss, and listening to the complaints of his fellow workers.View attachment 91373View attachment 91374
I think you are a great brother. Leading by example!

I am, however, concerned about your chances of pulling off a successful dunk with that mug.

Back