Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My concrete guy stopped by this week to measure for our patio and driveway. He said our house would cost $50,000+ more now (even though we just moved in the end of Jan.)

So true! Couple just bought the 5.5 acres next to me, with two trailers and a barn on it. What they gave! I did a quick calculation based on their per-acre price, and my place should be worth –––– Nah, that's impossible! :p

cc668bc5473d272b054ceaf12f1901cadab16edb3428c10ff32df466ca812225.gif

My concrete guy stopped by this week to measure for our patio and driveway. He said our house would cost $50,000+ more now (even though we just moved in the end of Jan.)

There are several of us on the forum in the construction industry. I realize it tough to swallow but the increases are legit. I have some vendors who will only hold their prices for 3 days and some not even that.

There are several of us on the forum in the construction industry. I realize it tough to swallow but the increases are legit. I have some vendors who will only hold their prices for 3 days and some not even that.

Yeah, nephew owns a pallet factory and buys LOTS of dimensional lumber, OSB and plywood. He says the plywood plant still has $8 a sheet in 3/8" OSB, for example, out the door. The rest is transportation and shortage/demand. Lots of sawmills and plants cut way back last year cuz they thought COVID would mean housing starts would slow dramatically. But they jumped instead. Futures are over $1,650 right now. Last year around now, $256. NUTS!

Yeah, nephew owns a pallet factory and buys LOTS of dimensional lumber, OSB and plywood. He says the plywood plant still has $8 a sheet in 3/8" OSB, for example, out the door. The rest is transportation and shortage/demand. Lots of sawmills and plants cut way back last year cuz they thought COVID would mean housing starts would slow dramatically. But they jumped instead. Futures are over $1,650 right now. Last year around now, $256. NUTS!

We don't deal much in wood but rather steel and the cost increases is just as bad if not worse.

We don't deal much in wood but rather steel and the cost increases is just as bad if not worse.

Yeah, it'll be like that for a while until the economy rebalances heading into 2022, stimulus efforts fade and long-term forces that have held prices in check reassert themselves, like an aging population, automation and global competition that will soften demand and weaken companies’ pricing power.

Latest posts

Back